• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica LRF CRF 2800.com in 2024

KRUGA

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2024
South africa
Hi guys

Ordered a Leica 2800.com a few days ago, not finding much updated info on it or any videos of what the viewfinder looks like where the data is displayed.

I went with the leica instead of the kilo5k because of the DOF function, it should do what i need it to do with my Kestrel 5700 elite as a constant wind meter on tripod.

I also did not go with the Sig kilo5k as im reading up that the customer service from Sig sucks along with the hit and miss how well they work without issues.

How are you finding your Leica 2800.com? Are you happy with it, does it do what it needs to do, any issues that came up recently? I see they are now using the Leica balistics app instead of the hunter app so how is the on board Applied Balistics working as a stand alone unit, no kestrel? I also notice people reporting it can display the balistic solution in the viewfinder in Mils but when you select a gun profile you have to select 10mm /100m and this brings me to the question, will it display the solution in clicks or in mils in viewfinder for ex: 3.4 mils wil it be displayed as 3.4 with the decimal or show 34 clicks? An then if you are connected to kestrel will it show 34 in view finder even tho kestrel shows mils or wil it then show 3.4 in the view finder because its connected to the kestrel? When setting up the gun profile, when promted to select the device model (pro or .com) if i select "pro" and go to the solution display units selction tab then there is a Mils option but on the ".com" models only option is 10mm / 100m.

Thanks in advance

The 2800.com is still relevant and a great option. It is "slower" to connect with Kestrel (vs. their new offerings like the 3500.com) and has some issues with random BT disconnects, but overall is a great little unit with really good glass.

On my 2800.com it would show the solution in MRAD (Mils). I have since sold my 2800.com so could not tell you what the app allowed by I'm sure others will chime in.

The 2800.com is still relevant and a great option. It is "slower" to connect with Kestrel (vs. their new offerings like the 3500.com) and has some issues with random BT disconnects, but overall is a great little unit with really good glass.

On my 2800.com it would show the solution in MRAD (Mils). I have since sold my 2800.com so could not tell you what the app allowed by I'm sure others will chime in.
Thanks for the info. Yea i reckon for what i need it for it will do the job. Im just trying to figure out if it indeed will show solutions in Mrad and not click value. Dont mind as i can just insert the decimal (34 clicks to 3.4 mrad) but would be nice to see the mrad solution. So what you are saying is, your 2800.com showed solution in mrad with kestrel connected and as stand alone? I see no options for mrad only 10mm / 100m setting. But if you go into a "pro" profile for the geovid on the Leica app it gives a "MiL" option. Also, on its own as a stand alone unit it will not display any wind correction, correct? And if its connected to the 5700 elite kestrel it shows wind correction in view finder?

Thanks for the info. Yea i reckon for what i need it for it will do the job. Im just trying to figure out if it indeed will show solutions in Mrad and not click value. Dont mind as i can just insert the decimal (34 clicks to 3.4 mrad) but would be nice to see the mrad solution. So what you are saying is, your 2800.com showed solution in mrad with kestrel connected and as stand alone? I see no options for mrad only 10mm / 100m setting. But if you go into a "pro" profile for the geovid on the Leica app it gives a "MiL" option. Also, on its own as a stand alone unit it will not display any wind correction, correct? And if its connected to the 5700 elite kestrel it shows wind correction in view finder?
Correct, solution would display in both Kestrel and inside 2800.com as mil value. Wind, hmmm, I thought 2800.com had an option to manually input wind but I might be getting that mixed up with Sig or Vortex as I've had numerous LRF's, so let's let someone who knows for certain answer that...