• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica PRS

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
Is there a reason this scope doesnt get much attention? It is made in Germany and checks lots of boxes.

Reactions: Iron Worker
I absolutely love mine. I’ll put that glass above my friends ATACR 5-25 and the Burris XTR Pro, although that can be subjective. It’s also fairly compact and can be found for a really good deal, it was only 200$ over the Razor Gen2 that it replaced. I also love the PRB reticle but I know some people don’t care for it. It’s also a decent weight.

Reactions: mvphilly
The reticles were not well received, and for some good reasons, like the PRB has wacky alphabet soup for a Xmas-tree... and the regular cross hair option is outdated, meh...
But the rest is a nice design, glass is classic warm Leica, and the tool-less turrets are simple and easy for zero changes.
It's an undersung scope, and with updated reticles, it would be better, IMHO. I hope Leica stays interested in the market...

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
Here's a good deal on a like-new Leica PRS 5-30x56 PRB. It has never been mounted.

I really like the PRS. As @StrayDog said, the, "Glass is classic warm Leica," which to my calibrated eyeballs, is my favorite. I also like that the dials have innovative flip-up levers, which can be ignored if you keep them folded down, or flip them up for easy dialing.

If you're looking for a great scope that is not what everyone else has, this is a good candidate.

Here's a good deal on a like-new Leica PRS 5-30x56 PRB. It has never been mounted.

I really like the PRS. As @StrayDog said, the, "Glass is classic warm Leica," which to my calibrated eyeballs, is my favorite. I also like that the dials have innovative flip-up levers, which can be ignored if you keep them folded down, or flip them up for easy dialing.

If you're looking for a great scope that is not what everyone else has, this is a good candidate.
I saw that one but really wanted the ballistic reticle.

Reactions: RKBArmory
I have the Leica PRS 5-30x56 with the ballistic reticle. No issues over the 2.5 years that I've used it. As others have mentioned the glass and turrets are very good.

The scope was designed in Germany. But it's assembled in Portugal. Perhaps this has changed...

@koshkin made a review of the scope and one of the things that he mentioned is that the scope had less eye fatigue than other scopes. I agree with his assessment. After spending a few hours behind the Leica PRS, my right eye is less tired and when driving home, I notice the difference.

Currently debating getting another Leica PRS for a CDG build or getting the Zeiss S3 6-36.

My wife and I have zco, Razor and two Leicas. The Leicas are very good. If you like shooting with 16-18x rather than 10-12 this is a great scope. If she all of a sudden wanted my zco, I would be happy to take her Leicas.

Some things are uncommon for a reason 🤔
If it is anything like my business Pro-audio those reasons are more often than not largely due to dealer margin, product placement/hype and good choice of dealer. Many great products fall by the wayside for reasons other than merits.

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
I didn't realize Leica was making precision rifle scopes.

Leica is a pretty known quantity in the optical business. I have no doubt the optical quality is top tier.

The reticles need a little more design work, IMO. With the great selection of scopes and reticles these days, I can see why the Leica is falling under the radar.

I didn't realize Leica was making precision rifle scopes.

Leica is a pretty known quantity in the optical business. I have no doubt the optical quality is top tier.

The reticles need a little more design work, IMO. With the great selection of scopes and reticles these days, I can see why the Leica is falling under the radar.

200w.gif

Reactions: Hegre