• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica rangefinder

Re: Leica Geovid 7x42 value

jd-- there is a knurled dome-shaped knob on the bottom of the Leica's to adjust the interpupilary spacing. If it is the more desirable BDA model; the rh top button will activate the 0-360 degree compass.Hope this helps. joe

That was a steal for $150! Those units used to sell for $1500 back in the day and were (and still are) very accurate. You could not get fixed binos today with the same glass quality as that Leica and you have a rangefinder to boot. Why can't I ever get deals like this?

SCL

JD- send me your e-mail (pm or hide) and I will scan and email you a copy of the owners manual in the next couple of days. The eyepieces are normally pushed in (for use with glasses) but with a light tug the plastic surround slides out ( for use w/o glasses) to reveal your diopter adjustments. Congrats on a phenomenal buy!!!

Thx. for the update. I had difficulty copying the manual on the tiny 3-in-1 copy/fax/printer at work--was ready to take it downstairs to use a scanner so I could e-mail. The Leica website also does not show the 7x42 geovid manual.Glad you were able to find one.