• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Lense coating question(PVS-14 vs Glasses)

ReaperMedic

Take souls, plug holes
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
I’ve got a WP PVS-14. When I am wearing contacts, everything is fine. But when I wear my glasses, which are Wiley X brand, transition lenses with all sorts of high speed coatings, the image takes on a much more dull and almost green look, and seems much less sharp.
I’m wondering if anybody else has ever seen this type of an issue, and if there is a specific coating I should avoid on my next lenses. I don’t like wearing only contacts at night. Those glasses have saved my eyes on three separate occasions, so I’m sort of attached to them.

Through pairing transition lenses with your 14, you've effectively turned your glasses into NV sunglasses.

Just avoid photochromatic lenses when pairing with your WP unit, the chromaticity of your tube is activating the photochromic molecules in your transition lenses, just like UV-Vis does during the day.