• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leofoto, new Official Rifle Ball Head of PRS

The truth hurts. For someone "dogging RRS for years", some of my feedback has gone into product improvements. What a terrible person I am, first I buy their product, then I give user feedback. Absolutely horrible.

Example of how shitty I am:
You literally bitched for years about availability while thousands of others were able to miraculously buy RRS products, then defendEd Chinese knockoffs. You could hang your old lady from a RRS tripod and scratch your horn on her and I wouldn’t pat you on the back for snubbing your nose at a genuinely good customer service effort.

You literally bitched for years about availability while thousands of others were able to miraculously buy RRS products, then defendEd Chinese knockoffs.

Bullshit. You, like most of the other overly emotional respondents to these threads, are functionally illiterate. Most of you guys are worthless cucks that'll take any shitty treatment just to keep up with what you think is cool. I see the same heard mentality here every day. The fact is some knock-off artist China-man wants my business worse than RRS, who thinks I owe it to them because they're American bro-vets. Frankly I think RRS is a poor value and getting nickeled and dimed when the product is four or five times more expensive is ridiculous. Yeah, it's just $5 here, $10 there. Fuck that, and I was ground level with RRS before there was SOAR.

Not very long ago I sent Tom Manners an email and told him I modified a part on a stock and needed to buy a replacement. He refused payment and overnighted me the part. Despite being critical at times, Tom doesn't make me feel like I owe him anything or that he's going to extract every dime he can out of me. I know when I'm doing business with a company that doesn't need the business. How in the fuck did Leofoto get the PRS sponsorship if it was actually important to RRS? It probably wasn't important to them but now it's a little embarrassing that China-man swooped in and showed they actually want people's business. And if PRS sucks so bad, why do some of you clowns hang your hat on it like street cred?

Bullshit. You, like most of the other overly emotional respondents to these threads, are functionally illiterate. Most of you guys are worthless cucks that'll take any shitty treatment just to keep up with what you think is cool. I see the same heard mentality here every day. The fact is some knock-off artist China-man wants my business worse than RRS, who thinks I owe it to them because they're American bro-vets. Frankly I think RRS is a poor value and getting nickeled and dimed when the product is four or five times more expensive is ridiculous. Yeah, it's just $5 here, $10 there. Fuck that, and I was ground level with RRS before there was SOAR.

Not very long ago I sent Tom Manners an email and told him I modified a part on a stock and needed to buy a replacement. He refused payment and overnighted me the part. Despite being critical at times, Tom doesn't make me feel like I owe him anything or that he's going to extract every dime he can out of me. I know when I'm doing business with a company that doesn't need the business. How in the fuck did Leofoto get the PRS sponsorship if it was actually important to RRS? It probably wasn't important to them but now it's a little embarrassing that China-man swooped in and showed they actually want people's business. And if PRS sucks so bad, why do some of you clowns hang your hat on it like street cred?
Tell us more about these overly emotional posters…

Tell us more about these overly emotional posters…
C969CDBF-B76D-4BAF-928C-C7B3EBFA5592.gif

Zero integrity, just greed.
If the matches weren’t so educational / challenging / enjoyable , Id boycott them just for being a pile of Fs. Like when they stole the factory division title from the winner to give it to their sponsors shooter , Ruger

They have zero morals

Last edited:
If the matches weren’t so educational / challenging / enjoyable , Id boycott them just for being a pile of Fs. Like when they stole the factory division title from the winner to give it to their sponsors shooter , Ruger

They have zero morals

What? Doug?

What? Doug?

E6972642-87EA-4883-BC1E-E8DFE44B0C41.jpeg

View attachment 8183213

What fucking bullshit, and their response in the thread too. Matt should have fucking sued them.

Doug’s interview here is interesting in part 2. So I wonder how much they got paid?

Seems like they’ll do anything for a buck. There was integrity when Molly, Paul, and Ryan were running it, they’re good people. I get the business aspect, but there’s ways to do it honestly.

You don’t shoot with them at your head

or is this a case of I wanted the inverted but also I want to spot with my inverted and I’m the exception to the rule at 6’7“ hence they dont apply to me technically speaking so I should probably mind my own business kinda of thinking

excuses make me laugh
Height shaming.

LOL

Doug’s interview here is interesting in part 2. So I wonder how much they got paid?

It's a good article to try and get more people involved in shooting sports, and at the end of the day while I'm not really fond of what PRS has become, more folks in shooting sports of any kind, is good for all gun folks.

I can't say for rifle sports, but I absolutely do know that in years/decades past if you were a top factory archery shooter for a brand, the bow you were shooting might look like a factory bow, might even have been assembled in the factory, but it was hardly just one picked off the assembly line. Limbs were cherry picked for perfect deflection matching, risers and such were given extra "attention", and then several would be sent to the shooter to pick the one that "jived" with them. If they didn't like the performance, the company simply sent them a new batch to try out. I'm not saying Doug didn't walk into a gun store and buy one randomly, but I'd be surprised given his status if Ruger didn't cherry pick one or several for him. I'm sure Ruger could easily create a custom barrel that no one could tell from a factory barrel without a bore scope.

Many professional cyclists ride different brand frames than the team they ride for painted like their team bikes. Heck I remember (I'm dating myself here) when Missy Giovie was downhilling mountain bikes with SRAM drivetrains with Shimano stickers on them because she liked SRAM more. Lance Armstrong's time trial bike one year was a Lightspeed painted to be a Trek, and at one time Huffy fielded a pro bike team and they were Serotta bikes painted to be Huffy's. I remember buying a spare bike off a pro Cannondale rider back in the 90's and asking them about it because it seemed subtly different in places than the normal version I was familiar with. Stiffer thicker tubing, custom geo, better welds, from 20 feet away it looked like a normal Killer-V but from up close, it was clearly not what folks bought in bike shops.

It's like guns you see in magazine reviews and SHOT events......you really think these manufacturers just snatched one up off the assembly line randomly without making sure it's a much higher than average example to all these press folks to get reviewed for what equate to ads that millions of people will see/read? Not likely.

Never assume the pros are fielding the same gear you buy in the store, even if it looks the same, even if it comes from the same company.

I would personally go shoot a match, but not for the PRS. YMMV. I’m only one guy, but there have to be others.

@ToddM you’re talking about pros and gear, individuals, this is the organization as a whole.

I would personally go shoot a match, but not for the PRS. YMMV. I’m only one guy, but there have to be others.

@ToddM you’re talking about pros and gear, individuals, this is the organization as a whole.
Plenty of club and outlaw matches around.

Your shorting yourself developmentally as a shooter if you don’t do competitive stuff / matches.

JMO

Your shorting yourself developmentally as a shooter if you don’t do competitive stuff / matches.

JMO

Agreed.

While I've shot a decent amount of PRS matches, I don't think it's the "be all end all". I also personally dislike the direction it's heading - it's turning into a really niche "barricade benchrest" sport (Franks description, which I find very apt).

However I do think people should shoot a PRS match, at least once. I don't think focusing on PRS will make you a well rounded marksman these days, but if you compliment it with NRL Hunter, CD matches, etc - this will grow you as a shooter.

Personally, I would personally really like to focus on more field oriented matches, like NRL Hunter and the CD series. PRS is becoming way too specialized, IMO.

IP notwithstanding, does RRS do anything to support PRS?
They sure did back in the day. Around 2016 there was a full RRS tripod setup on just about every prize table. They also donated setups to be used for RO spotting and for tripod specific stages where all the competitors would use the donated setup in the COF. I would say that is a big part of what helped them build out their shooting sports business.

Reactions: lash and BurtG

JMO

Agreed.

While I've shot a decent amount of PRS matches, I don't think it's the "be all end all". I also personally dislike the direction it's heading - it's turning into a really niche "barricade benchrest" sport (Franks description, which I find very apt).

However I do think people should shoot a PRS match, at least once. I don't think focusing on PRS will make you a well rounded marksman these days, but if you compliment it with NRL Hunter, CD matches, etc - this will grow you as a shooter.

Personally, I would personally really like to focus on more field oriented matches, like NRL Hunter and the CD series. PRS is becoming way too specialized, IMO.

Thanks guys. I agree with every point in both of these posts. Well, I guess I don’t really have a frame of reference for Kevin’s opinion about the plurality of disciplines, but I definitely share his opinion of PRS getting into the weeds of specialization.

Agreed.

I really don't agree with the whole "PRS is just barricade benchrest" thing that's so often repeated on this site. It's a clever way to bag on something that it's popular to hate on this forum, but once you get beyond the popularity of heavy 6mm rifles in PRS, it's not a great analogy.

Consider shooting a 600 yard benchrest relay vs shooting a multi position PRS troop line stage with a wide pan. Rifle weight and caliber choice aside, I think there are easily more differences in the skills required to do these two things at a high level than there is overlap.

I do agree that field style matches are quite a bit more fun than PRS style matches (and shooting PRS can be a lot of fun). And I agree that field matches are a better test of whether someone is a well-rounded marksman, simply because they often include blind stages that require finding and ranging targets, determining dope, making a wind call, and a stage plan, all under time pressure and without the ability to watch other folks shoot first.

I really don't agree with the whole "PRS is just barricade benchrest" thing that's so often repeated on this site. It's a clever way to bag on something that it's popular to hate on this forum, but once you get beyond the popularity of heavy 6mm rifles in PRS, it's not a great analogy.

Consider shooting a 600 yard benchrest relay vs shooting a multi position PRS troop line stage with a wide pan. Rifle weight and caliber choice aside, I think there are easily more differences in the skills required to do these two things at a high level than there is overlap.

I do agree that field style matches are quite a bit more fun than PRS style matches (and shooting PRS can be a lot of fun). And I agree that field matches are a better test of whether someone is a well-rounded marksman, simply because they often include blind stages that require finding and ranging targets, determining dope, making a wind call, and a stage plan, all under time pressure and without the ability to watch other folks shoot first.

to add, there are field style PRS matches

not all are run on square ranges with man made props

lots of matches on the west coast that aren’t square range matches

They have zero morals
PRS Production class is complete bs. It should be for the new shooter who goes to their local gun shop and buys a true production rifle, not one of the “semi” custom rifles. It’s all about money. This year it’s 3k limit for production and next year 3.5k and so on. Before long everyone will be shooting production at this rate.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and BurtG