• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Les Baer vs Savage BA110 in 300 Win Mag

trauma1

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2012
I am about to purchase a 300 Win Mag. I am between the Savage BA 110 and a Les Baer Tactical Recon. The Savage has the stock that works best for me. The Les Baer's Ben Carlson stock is a bit thick and long for me, but it is an accurate custom. My goal is to be able to shoot accurately at 1000 yards. I really would prefer a folding stock. I would like to soliciate the Sniper Hide's experience and opinions to help me make this purchase. Thank you for your time.

Re: Les Baer vs Savage BA110 in 300 Win Mag

I own a Les Baer Tactical Recon 308. It is a real tack driver.
10 shot test target was .221"
The Bell & Carlson stock comes glass beded and has cheek and length of pull adjustment

nothing against the les baer they are amazing weapons. i currently own a savage 110ba in .300wm and i have shot the rifle out to 1000 yds with good success using factory hornady ammo the 180gr SST. i have no complaints on the rifle at all very good performer.

Thank you for report. Now I have one for LB and one for BA 110. This is not getting easy. How much do the BA 110 run?

My Les Baer Tactical 260 has exceeded my expectations. Shooting in the .3's and .4's.

The Les Baer comes with a far superior custom action.

That alone would sway me.

the 110 runs right around the 2k mark depending on where u pick it up from i have seen them as high as 2300 and as low as 1880. i do agree that the Les Baer has a superior action over the 110 and it most likely shoot tighter groups all day long but for the price of the savage its hard to beat. i believe its alot of rifle for the money

Thank you Sniperhide memebers for your comments and data. The price is going to similar. I am leaning toward Les Baer.

Thanks that sounds like a bad sign..

yea the LBs are in the 4 to 5k range. the way i see it if you have the cash to blow have at it ill stick with my savage all day and save the rest for good glass