• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Less than 18hrs from now...

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
...I will have my first US Optics scope! Becky sent me the tracking number today, and the FedEx website shows a delivery of tomorrow by 4:30pm. I'm getting an SN-3 3.2-17x44, with the EREK 1/10 mil elevation and GAP reticle. Its going on a Remington 700 5R .308, and I can't wait to get it to the range.

I just hope they aren't too addictive!!

Re: Less than 18hrs from now...

Sweet! What's she going on and with what rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just hope they aren't too addictive!! </div></div>

I've got some bad news for you...

I happen to have some you can buy if you get the itch.....
laugh.gif

congrats im still waitin on mine probably another 6-10 weeks
(SN-3 3.2-17x44 t-pal with the EREK 1/10 mil elevation and mpr reticle ,green reo.)

The wife is not going to like this!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats im still waitin on mine probably another 6-10 weeks
(SN-3 3.2-17x44 t-pal with the EREK 1/10 mil elevation and mpr reticle ,green reo.)</div></div>

My order went in on June 3rd, so right at 10 weeks.

+1 on the your screwed ...

Its like an addiction ... After I got one ... I had to have MORE ... all the rifles HAD to have USO ...

Grats on the optic ... they rule ... GAP is my reticle of choice also.

Update...

I picked up the scope this evening, and will be posting pictures shortly. My initial overall impression so far is "WOW"!!

You've got an identical setup to mine. You will love it. The only problem is that I won't buy another scope now that's not USO, which is why my AR-10 is currently nekkid.

I find for 100 yards I really like 10x on that scope. It's crystal clear, good field of view. Did you go ERGO or T-Pal? I love the Ergo, seems like I can set it at 100 or 200 and never have to change it until about 600 (ok, well I probably never really have to change it, but I do just for piece of mind).

Ok, slight setback. Scope is on its way back to US Optics as we speak. There was a small issue with the crosshairs, so US Optics is going to replace the reticle. Hopefully it won't take too long, because I can't wait to get this scope on the range!!

There was a speck in the reticle near the left "2" hashmark, not sure exactly what it was.

hope i dont have any problems when i get mine i wont have the hart to send it back i'v waited so long to be able to purchase it and then the wait for me to recive it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a speck in the reticle near the left "2" hashmark, not sure exactly what it was. </div></div>

Oh that's not a big deal, mine had that too. It's a phone book fixer... just place a large yellow page phone book on you work bench and hit the objective against it as hard as you can. A few good whacks should dislodge it.

It sounds crazy but it works and won't damage your scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hope i dont have any problems when i get mine i wont have the hart to send it back i'v waited so long to be able to purchase it and then the wait for me to recive it</div></div>

Belive me, I know what you mean! It was tough to wait 10-11 weeks for the scope, and immediately have to return it for repair. However, its better now than after getting it mounted and sighted in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10 - 11 weeks? I placed my order in February and still waiting... </div></div>

Which model did you order?

Gratz man. Still waiting to hear from Becky to see if they will be able to resolve an issue with the horus reticles . It looks to be a long wait for me .
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10 - 11 weeks? I placed my order in February and still waiting... </div></div>

Which model did you order? </div></div>

SN3 Tpal 3.2-17x, 35mm tube, 44mm Objective, 11 mil EREK with Milestone, 1/10 mil windage, illuminated, MPR reticle.

They said the latest batch of MPR had a missing number in the reticle, so I asked them to use GAP if they've got it. They do have a GAP available, but that was my last conversation with them about a week ago.

Hope I get it soon.

Im envious of you USO owners. Jason from the sounds of things sounds like your going to have a complex once you get your hands on this new toy

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting the scope on the range. Its replacing a Sightron SIII 6-24x50, so it will be interesting to see how the glass in the USO compares with the SIII. The SIII's have very good glass in their own respect, as good as anything I have seen in the $1k range. Of course, the USO offers a lot more features than the Sightron, including mil adjustments, EREK, GAP reticle, etc.

I would buy a USO for my AR if the parallax wasnt on the objective... Congrats just the same!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would buy a USO for my AR if the parallax wasnt on the objective... Congrats just the same</div></div>

TPAL, check it out on the USO website...

Thanks for the info, I hadnt looked at the TPAL. Only problem is I would like the 1.8-10x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redroan4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info, I hadnt looked at the TPAL. Only problem is I would like the 1.8-10x. </div></div>

We make a 1.8 - 10X in T-PAL. JBW#3 just hasn't updated the site to reflect it. Retail is $1,830.00 just use the regular configuration for a 1.8 - 10X and add $210.00. Or give me a shout and I'll get you where you need to be.

Cheers,

Doc

I've already learned not to ask for a special type of USO scope before I am financially ready, because somehow Doc or JBW III will always chime in and say, "oh yeah we make that one already, and we would be glad to make one for you, for a price"...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Even with my scope on the way back to USO, I am already looking at a second. I'm thinking about an ST-10 for a 20" .308 build, or possibly even a 1.8-10x.

So you got it and had to send it back? pwooaar killer

Still, you at least own one now. Post up some glam shots when you get her back

is there a reason you chose the ergo in place of the t-pal i ask becuse a freind of mine likes the look of the ergo better and he clames that thay are more clear to look through i hope this is not true as i orderd the t-pal (yet to receive it ) but we will see when i do my thinking was that i would like the adjustment mor handy

My decision was ultimately made while discussing the benefits of each with one of the guys at USO. The way I understand it, ERGO has fewer parts, and I don't mind adjusting parallax via the objective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk9176251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there a reason you chose the ergo in place of the t-pal i ask becuse a freind of mine likes the look of the ergo better and he clames that thay are more clear to look through i hope this is not true as i orderd the t-pal (yet to receive it ) but we will see when i do my thinking was that i would like the adjustment mor handy </div></div>

While there is one more lens in the optic on a side focus if you can notice the difference you have some seriously good eyes. The difference is mainly in the adjustment. The ERGO is a screw type of adjustment so it is very fine with a full rev + for adjustment. The T-PAL is a gear type adjustment and is more coarse, less revolution to achieve the desired adjustment.

As with anything with a gear there is "backlash" which is why folks will tell you to set your adjustment while dialing in one direction only. Same can be said for turrets, dial to the elevation/wind. If you miss, dial back and go forward again.

This should be common knowledge/practice but it is often overlooked. It is not restricted to turrets and scope knobs but anything with a threaded dial or knob. Ask anybody with a lathe
wink.gif

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell her it's your mail order bride</div></div>

That's a way to get the flames all fanned....then Aahhh relief, it's just a $2000+ dollar scope (well worth it BTW)