• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lesser known chassis

Illustrious Potentate
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2007
Pittsburg, KS
I adopt a eyes/ears open, mouth shut philosophy as you could tell from my post count, but I thought I would share my newest build. I went looking for a chassis and liked the looks of the Mcree but wanted to retain a magpul stock. I came across the CEG chassis from Larry Crow. After calling them directly for a quote, I got a machine and left a message. After about a week I hadn't heard anything so I wrote it off. A day later, Mr. Crow called personally stating he had health problems but was returning all calls. Excellent CS and gave me a mil discount on the chassis. I had it in hand 2 days later. Very impressed! If someone was looking and CEG fit their spec, I would definitely give them a look. *Disclaimer- my thoughts only, not a paid advertisement.

My specs: remington 700 b/a- purchased from JCH, CEG chassis, Magpul PRS, A2 grip, PRI 20 MOA base, Burris XTR rings, Nikon 6-18 X 40 , Harris 6-9

Re: Lesser known chassis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like he copied the McRee minus the folding stock.... </div></div>

Can't hijack the thread,,,, but will say in brief:

Yep, it is a copy of our stock system. We helped the guy out a few years ago, opened the doors to the tactical market for him, and this is the repayment we recieved. He turned out to be like many others we have helped. He has flat out copied our stuff and showed truley what is wrong with the USA firearms industry.

Sorry to 1000yards if this stirred a pot. I was looking at the MCree but was wanting to keep the PRS. Did not find that option with what was available. Also as a matter of personal preference only and aesthetics, I did not like the gap between the grip and guard.

Had I known the back story, I would have gone in a different direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 210</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to 1000yards if this stirred a pot. I was looking at the MCree but was wanting to keep the PRS. Did not find that option with what was available. Also as a matter of personal preference only and aesthetics, I did not like the gap between the grip and guard.

Had I known the back story, I would have gone in a different direction. </div></div>

210, no feelings hurt here, you didn't know what the guy is about.

We don't show all our products on the hide anymore due to these type of guys lurking around.
The cool thing about ours is that you can get them with folding or fixed AR Rear adapters. If he did his job well, the rig should work for you. Shoot well and shoot often.