• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets be honest..

In my humble opinion and based on my personal experience you go to a custom rifle and a high end scope when you need one or when you have to have one. Will it be twice as good? No not really. I can't get a Ferrari and I can afford a custom made rifle. Since its my hobby and my time is not all my own - I want to make the most of my time and my hobby. Enough comprises made in life and now this is one area where I won't and don't have to.

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Regards, Paul

To each his own. If you're serious about your shooting and know it's something you're willing to invest lots of time and practice into, I say go with what makes you happy and gives you confidence. You'll never be able to fault the rifle or the gear for shooting like a$$, and you'll definitely see improvement with time and practice.

I agree with LCDR.

I'd just like to say, however that, I've also owned/shot an MRAD, used the "buy once cry once" mentality to justify it...I was not only not impressed but, it had some serious accuracy issues. When I complained, Barrett did take care of me, but, I would not buy another MRAD...

Make sure that whatever you DO buy, you do the research.

As to the AI question posed earlier in the thread, I have shot an AI and I was impressed with it's workmanship...It's a very nice rifle. I however, still prefer to build my own...As we all have access to the same parts they do, minus the action/smiths.

It's really up to the buyer. Would you rather build your own Shelby from the ground up or buy the real deal? One is a little riskier then the other but, the quality may turn out to be just the same.