• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets get out and shoot those surplus rifles

Re: Lets get out and shoot those surplus rifles

Thanks Kraig for posting this.

It pisses me off that I let an As-Issued match slip up on me that is just a little over an hour away. That match is TODAY.

I will be paying more attention to the schedule.

thanks,
Keith

Kraig, this interests me, but I may have missed the boat due to some physical issues. Neck and back (arthritis), and left shoulder (broken humerus and shoulder capsule scarring makes it impossible to get the elbow down under the rifle's forend) issues make positional shooting nigh on impossible for me nowadays, and at 66y/o it's unlikely to improve. Disappointing, as I once was an avid NRA N/M Highpower shooter.

The recent acquisition of a Cantury Arms Mosin-Nagant 91/30 in Excellent condition has me stoked. It shoots very nicely with '188' arsenal/estabishment steelcase 148gr surplus from the 70-80's, and I'm seeking it out and building a reasonably useable supply.

So I'm wondering how I might go about participating in the Vintage Military CMP GSM Games (at Genessee near me), and whether my difficulties would put me onto the sidelines and out of the game. Is there any advice you can offer me on this? Also, is there a consistent COF and distance, or does this change by venue?

Greg

Greg, you may need to contact your local CMP director. Search the internet to see if you can get in touch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is there any advice you can offer me on this? Also, is there a consistent COF and distance, or does this change by venue?</div></div>

The course of fire, Course A, is 5 rounds slow fire, 5 minutes for sighters, any position (most shoot prone)

10 rounds slow fire, 10 minutes prone
10 round rapid fire, 80 seconds, prone. (Standing to prone)
10 rounds slow fire standing

All firing is done at 200 yards (100 yards on reduced targets if no 200 yard range is available.

Course B is about the same only you have 20 rounds slow fire prone in 20 minutes and a 10 round rapid fire setting stage fired in 70 seconds.

A reload is required in the rapid fire stages.

As to disabilities; If a shooter is unable to stand for health or medical reasons, prior to a rapid fire stage, they may remain in position while the other firers stand, but may not fire his/her first round until after any of the shooters who did stand, fire their first round. They may not look through their spotting scopes while the other shooters are standing. (From Rule 8.5.5, 2012 CMP Rules).

Looks like Genesee has a CMP match 11/10/12

http://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do...er_value=CLINIC

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can find.