• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see some 300 Blk Out bolt guns....

bruno86

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Hick Town PA
Im interested in seeing what you have built or are in the works of building and how they perform. I have an action that i'm trying to figure out what to do with it cartridge wise. Looking for ideas as usual.

Re: Lets see some 300 Blk Out bolt guns....

My rebuilt winchester model 70 in 300 blackout!

300blackout009.jpg

I just posted AKA-Spook built 300 blk . Shooting partner to post pictures ( hopefully tonight ).

david

Hey vizsla owned, where can I view your blackout? Where did it go?

Here is mine
30bd7431.jpg

028d73d6.jpg

spartan precision chassis (AICS for savages), 11.5 inch benchmark barrel 1-8 twist, SSS trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey vizsla owned, where can I view your blackout? Where did it go? </div></div>

good question I would like to know the answer too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vizsla owned</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey vizsla owned, where can I view your blackout? Where did it go? </div></div>

good question I would like to know the answer too. </div></div>

He might have forgot to make the image private on photo bucket and been flagged.

Not yet completed, but a work in progress. Started as a Savage 12 in .223 bought stripped. Then a BFG .300blk barrel. Waiting on the the XLR chassis right now, just a few more weeks. Going to be topped with a SWFA SS 3-9 in seekins rings and egw 20 moa base...Most important part is waiting on the ATF, Thunderbeast 30P-1

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

I'll come back and update once everything is in. The can will still be awhile, but i'll work some load development in the mean time.

Are you sure that's 16" of barrel? How far back into the actions do savages go?

going to give this another try
300blackout002.jpg

Hey vizsla owned, that is one nice looking blackout. I`m glad you got pics up. I think country888 is jealous.

I was sad to see Savage Arms drop their blackout. I was ready to pull the trigger on it. I've also got my panties in a wad about them not producing their walker chambered in 5.7x28. I think it would be a great varmint round....BAH!

If Savage would only make a nice looking rifle. They are so ugly!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Savage would only make a nice looking rifle. They are so ugly!!! </div></div>

Ha! Thats why I have a Remington.

And that 2 stage trigger they call an accu-trigger is similar to a 98 mauser or glock or....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure that's 16" of barrel? How far back into the actions do savages go? </div></div>

measure by a rod to closed bolt, it's 16.5

Here is mine it loves subsonic 220smks and feeding from AICS .223 mags has been perfect. It now sports a Vortex PST 1-4.

000_0002-1.jpg

Question; isn't the 300blk made for the AR platform? to shoot SS rounds from a semi auto?
If your going to shoot a bolt gun why wouldn't you just use a fast twist .308 and load SS, then you'd basically reproduce the 300blk AND have the ability to shoot regular speed .308's as well? Just a thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question; isn't the 300blk made for the AR platform? to shoot SS rounds from a semi auto?
If your going to shoot a bolt gun why wouldn't you just use a fast twist .308 and load SS, then you'd basically reproduce the 300blk AND have the ability to shoot regular speed .308's as well? Just a thought. </div></div>

This... Why do 300Blackout when it's a bolt gun, and you have a lot more options?

From what I have found, case/pwoder density. You take a 308 case and put in 12 grains of trail boss and it will go SS, but is inconsistent as the case is designed on average to hold 47 grains of powder. With the black out, I load 11.5 grains of powder into the case and load in a 200-220 grain bullet and the powder is kissing the base of the bullet. Same with 19-20 grains on a 110-125 grain bullet. It just leads to better consistency and powder ignition. Could I throw subs out of my 308. Yes...and it works. If I have spare action lying around or just want to do a fun project for the hell of it? why not. There is no muzzle jump on my 11.6 inch barrel. Anyone can shoot it and watch impacts. i can shoot the subs and toss a brick downrange or I can load a light round and drill a deer....Its just a fun little gun. So why not.

300BLK bolt action - not much real purpose other than a pricey ticket for an amusement ride, don't get me wrong, I have a few ticket stubs.

_DSC0551.jpg

Phreakmode, that is bad ass! I know it if the MCM multi cam but who did the paint on the BA?

That is an awesome set-up. Congratulations on the pricey ticket!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">300BLK bolt action - not much real purpose other than a pricey ticket for an amusement ride, don't get me wrong, I have a few ticket stubs.

_DSC0551.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey vizsla owned, that is one nice looking blackout. I`m glad you got pics up. I think country888 is jealous. </div></div>

I'm jealous country888 got his can yesterday came by with his short barrel 300blk "SWEET"! His paperwork was about a week before mine. the waite is killing me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question; isn't the 300blk made for the AR platform? to shoot SS rounds from a semi auto?
If your going to shoot a bolt gun why wouldn't you just use a fast twist .308 and load SS, then you'd basically reproduce the 300blk AND have the ability to shoot regular speed .308's as well? Just a thought. </div></div>

This... Why do 300Blackout when it's a bolt gun, and you have a lot more options? </div></div>

If you've got the dough for an extra stick...go for it. I've gone back and forth on the issue and decided to stay with the AR platform. With the switchblock I can go to single shot to reduce noise. .308 subsonic ammunition can be had for under $28 a box and if you invest $800+ into a rifle for the 300blk you could have bought a lot of subsonic ammunition. Southwest carries several different weights... SOUTHWEST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phreak, is that the PH we just traded for? Talk about overkill! </div></div>
That's what i was thinking... but then I realized that I would be elated if I had the means to afford such an endeavor.
nice stick!

Rem_700_300_Blackout.jpeg

Make: Remington
Model: 700
Cartridge: .300 AAC Blackout
Barrel: 16" Shilen stainless steel
Optic: Bushnell 3200 Elite 10x fixed

Weatherby_Vanguard_300_Blackout.jpeg

Make: Weatherby
Model: Vanguard
Cartridge: .300 AAC Blackout
Barrel: 11.5" Shilen stainless steel
Optic: Vortex SPARC red dot

Here's a Whisper I had built a couple of years ago. Rem 700, 16.5" Pacnor, McMillan, and Badger DBM.

pcwhisper1.jpg

pcwhisper4.jpg

2bad4u2: That Weatherby is sweet!

CHRIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">300BLK bolt action - not much real purpose other than a pricey ticket for an amusement ride, don't get me wrong, I have a few ticket stubs.

_DSC0551.jpg
</div></div>

Holy shit...and I thought I was crazy for putting a 400 dollar EOTech on my 300blk Loki upper!! I love this round and wouldn't mind having a bolt built for it. But My Auto is just so damn nice why bother. And again Your talking to a guy who thinks their is no reason to run an bolt with anything less than a 300winmag. But thats just me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phreak, is that the PH we just traded for? Talk about overkill! </div></div>

That part of the trade actually ended up on a useful rifle (against my better judgement..). I am hoping the bolt action pans out for subsonic coyote hunting in june, have some 200gr lehighs in bound that I have high hopes for.

Hi,

Is MOA accuracy achieved in 1-8 Twist 300 BLK when pushed Supersonic ?

When you look at 30BR, people are having to use a 1-17 or 1-18 twist to get best accuracy from a 110 to 120gr 308 head. My understanding of Benchrest Accuracy is they expect 1/4 to 1/3rd MOA accuracy out to 300yards.

If you have a great scope (i cross deck a 5-25 S&B, Double Turn Turret) saving my zero points on a iphone), it is not very satisfying to squeeze off a round in a rifle with little recoil, and see the bullet impact somewhere the cross hairs are not. I like to shoot 2 inch diameter explosive targets, the type meant for sticking under clay pigeons, at 150 to 300 yards. For many rifles, this can be too big an ask, requiring a larger target (guess I should get a 10" steel gong) or a scope that is of a lower magnification that does not lead to such high expectations. Thus, with cast bullets and gas checks, plinking at 50 yards with a high calacity magazine in a Browning 308 BLR lever action, I use open sights or a 2.5 magnification scope.

Gee

I Don't understand what your trying to say in the second part of your post Gee!!!

On another note does the 300 Blackout feed well from an internal box magazine?

Cheers

Hi Kruger21,

I was seeking to show how the abscence of great glass, can often help lower accuracy expectations and increase satisfaction with oneself and the rifle.......

Plinking with cast heads in 308 Win., is not the most accurate load, hence my Browning BLR is most satisfying to use with this ammo if shot off hand at 50 yards using open sights, or a 2.5 power scope, where soft drink can sized targets are enjoyable to knock over. If I put a great scope on the rifle, I would be able to see the target so much better, tempting me to try and shoot this load at longer distances, i.e. knock cans over at 100 yards, doubtless resulting in lots of misses.

Thus it can be a refreshing change in life, and in ones shooting, to lower expectations and find that sometimes having less is indeed more.

Gee

I have a sweet remington 700 in 204 ruger, when that barrel is burned up it will be reborn as a 300 BLK, kinda like the one phreakmode built.

I have a CZ-527 that was once chambered in 204 Ruger. It is awaiting a transformation to 300BLK. 11" 7 twist barrel. Manners folding stock custom inletted. Receiver drilled and tapped for a regular scope mount. Will post pics as soon as I get it.

Here is mine
30bd7431.jpg

028d73d6.jpg

spartan precision chassis (AICS for savages), 11.5 inch benchmark barrel 1-8 twist, SSS trigger.

Hello Freeze- I was curious about the accuracy of your 300 Blk... I am looking at building something similar on a Manners TF4 stock and shooting subsonics out of it.. Thanks for any experience you can share!