• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see some McM A5s!

DeltaJ

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
Portland, OR
Looking to put my new GAP build in a McM A5 and need to make up my mind on color. Any pics would be awesome!

Re: Lets see some McM A5s!

308_5.jpg

34/33/33 OD/black/tan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it just the angle of the photo, or is that cheekpiece a bit wonky?</div></div>

looks off to me

I originally ordered 34/33/33 OD/tan/earth but got talked into 50/25/25 OD/tan/earth. The finished stock did not turn out like I wanted which was more tan and earth but I have grown to like it. It is difficult to envision what the mix ratio will turn out!
013-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I originally ordered 34/33/33 OD/tan/earth but got talked into 50/25/25 OD/tan/earth. The finished stock did not turn out like I wanted which was more tan and earth but I have grown to like it. It is difficult to envision what the mix ratio will turn out!
</div></div>

I think yours looks great! I wanted mine to be mostly green with some tan and black. I think mine is 75-80% green, I forgot which. I think I like yours even better than mine!

Here's some closeups of the marbling on mine:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">green and black is where it's at
grin.gif
</div></div>
Yes, it is:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tac Ops X-Ray 51 with "<span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops OD</span>" Green-T and Black-T metalwork. A5 is painted in Tac Ops O.D. and Black:</span>
X-Ray51RS28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Updated with Leupold Mark 4 High rings in place of the Seekins High rings ("<span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops OD</span>" Green-T and contrasting Black-T):</span>
X-Ray51CBwODRingsRS45Angle8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">FN A3 G with phosphated metalwork. Molded-in O.D. Green A3:</span>
CopyofP8074520.jpg

Keith

45.308, don't second guess yourself, bc your setup is sweet. Those colors are wild; I really like it.

My humble stick. Not a safe queen by any means, but it shoots well.

GAP.jpg

Made up my mind. Just ordered my GAP crusader. Thanks for the help! Now its just the waiting that really sucks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guy2205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where does the OD Green come from as it is not on there color chart</div></div>

Yes it is. Smack in the middle.

marble_colors.jpg