• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

let's see some reloading bench pics

deer assassin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Kingston Springs TN
i mainly reload

38 spec 357 mag
44 spec 44 mag
45acp

7 saum
300 rum
7/08
30 30
30 30 single shot

100_4361.jpg

Re: let's see some reloading bench pics

A quick pic of my setup, picked up a counter top and some cabinets from Home Depot and installed them. Works quite well, just wish I had more space.
wink.gif

100_4007.jpg

GunRoom10.jpg

That stand is a good idea if you have a bench at conventional desk height. It raises the working plane to a comfortable level. I built my bench higher so as not to get a sore neck from hanging my head for extended periods of time. I always stand when I reload.

Here's mine. I like the island that gives me access to all sides of the bench. It's about 45" tall.

MainReloadingBench.jpg

Compared to some I've seen in the past mine is pretty basic. No fancy electronic gadgets, just old stuff that has held up well over the years and does what is needed.

Topstrap

That red Turret thing on your Lyman press in the bottom right of the picture, can u snap a close-up of it? I have an old Lyman Spartan and it has these 2 ears in the front of the press with a screw threaded in it, but I don't know what went there. I still have the red spent-primer basket attached but nothing up top...I'd take pics of my bench if it wasn't so clusterf*d right now.

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I have the priming arm attached to mine still, this is what I'm talking about:
SDC10129.jpg

On top of the press in front of the die body threads..

No idea what that would be. Mine don't have that but I think it might be another pivot for part of the autopriming unit?

Sorry

Topstrap

That is to attach a part that holds a primer tube to use with the priming arm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i need to get me a trim mate

before carpal tunnel sits in
</div></div>

It's easily worth the $100 bucks you'll spend. I even cut the end off of a cigar tube, threaded a bolt through it and dropped some white glue into the bottom with a penny, to level things off and use that on the Trim Mate to spin my cases when I anneal them.

Put an old bore brush on there and clean the necks, too.

It's not fast enough for trimming or even uniforming the primer pockets (I use an 18v cordless drill for both of those chores), but for everything else it saves a lot of 'wrist work'.

Chris

TrimMateAnnealer1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is to attach a part that holds a primer tube to use with the priming arm. </div></div>I got the tubes too, they have a friction fit + o-ring that drops into the priming arm...doesn't seem to be hindered in any way. Thanks for the response..

Wow some of you guys got some real cool setups.

This thread makes me feel less guilty for spending money at Sinclairs when i know i shouldn't

smile.gif

Thanks guys i will now be able to sleep that little bit easier tonight

How about a nice portable one you can fold up and haul to the range with you? Black & Decker Workmate with a 5/16" aluminum top. Enough weight to it that's it's steady and room with the extension to set your scales and other items on. My house bench only gets used when it's time to seat or for the Mags with the Rock Chunker. If I want I can lower it and move any where in the den I want to use it.

IMG_6206.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddacguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
002.jpg
</div></div>

Todd,

Just had to show off the Pro 1 and 2 didn't you? I'm "green" with envy. Hopefully i'll get my gen 1 this weekend LOL.

Hoser will probably be along shortly to make the rest of us feel inadequate.

In the meantime, here's mine. It had to be movable around my shop, hence the size.

CIMG2992.jpg

Tag for later as I will be building my work space in the next 2 months
laugh.gif
The ideas from this tread are great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CKA- I know that room is not that clean!!! Notice why I don't have any pictures of my room up!
shocked.gif
</div></div>

I feel the same way. Every time I sweep the floor in the shop, I find something I forgot I had.

U mean like this.....

IMG_6208.jpg

Or this mess behind....I can still find anything I need though!

IMG_6209.jpg

Whilst we are on the topic of benches, does anyone have a taxidermy bench/room/garage by any chance?

PGS room just reminded me, with all of the lovely trophies up on the wall

PGS wins, he only takes 2nd place to Jered's man room

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CKA- I know that room is not that clean!!! Notice why I don't have any pictures of my room up!
shocked.gif
</div></div>

ha ha ha It is clean every weekend because it all gets packed up into the truck and off to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Part of the man cave... </div></div>

Only part I wish I could get space about 1/2 that size from the wife I am in the garage
frown.gif
I need AC in the garage LOL Nice cave though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vinconco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Lots of pretty reloading setups.... but they don't look used. Mine doesn't suffer from that problem.

DSC_0075.jpg
</div></div>

Your view down range looks just like the view out the window of one our farm houses. Man ain't WV great!! You can expect a deer to step into view at any time. Tom.

I just started reloading and I'm loving every hour of it. I just finished up my first reloads and shot them yesterday....can't wait to get the second reloads going.

23538_1404616878126_1313504679_1083911_5833226_n.jpg

23538_1404616918127_1313504679_1083912_4178174_n.jpg

23538_1404616958128_1313504679_1083913_6232602_n.jpg

It's addicting Triman. You get that first press and dies, tweak your loads and tighten those groups. Then comes Christmas, Birthdays, Honey I love you days and even well it was on sale so I got it and saved a ton days and your reloading bench overflows.

I've gotten a lot of pleasure working on a load and particular gun and making it do more than it's supposed to at distances way further than most imagine. It's a great hobby and keeps ya out of trouble most times. What you have is just about what I started with and really other than a lil bit more stuff what you have is basically what I use for my reloading still today.

Welcome to the wonderful world of reloading that can be frustrating at times but when it all comes together and you make that lil group or hear that distant "TING" you'll look back to see who is watching with a big shit eating grin and that makes it all worthwhile.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wrestling2010006.jpg

Part of the man cave... </div></div>

I see the nose of a bull, wheres the rest?

Thanks Topstrap. I now know how it can be so addicting. I can't wait to fire the loads I put together, just to reload them with something just a little different.

You know there is a whole thread in the Field Photography section thats about 5-6 pages long with Bench Room pics.

One of my dreams in life is to one day own a vinyard...

and on that vinyard i want a room, just like some of these...

but most of all, i want to look out the window and have my very own range

ohhhhhh the envy

New house and new reloading room. The set up cost me nothing. (other than the reloading equipment I already owned.)
mrakau.jpg

Just a few toys hiding in the closet until I invest in a new larger safe. But I just don't like having to hide my babies away. I would rather they be in plain sight.
4hrwx2.jpg

If anyone has any good secure "display" ideas I'm all ears!

Nice set ups guys! R.R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my dreams in life is to one day own a vinyard...

and on that vinyard i want a room, just like some of these...

but most of all, i want to look out the window and have my very own range

ohhhhhh the envy </div></div>
You could practise your load work ups on individual grapes. lol. I know I would.

Just recently finished my bench.

DSCN3150.jpg

I clad the top with the same bamboo I put on the floor.

DSCN3086.jpg

hangunnr