• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see them hunting wagons

20221004_140410.jpg

To quote Brittany Spears, oops, I did it, again. I bought in March a 2022 Toyota Tacoma. This last Sunday, I was involved in an accident where me and another vehicle sideswiped (her fault, she swerved from the entrance ramp of a freeway back to the service road and I had no time to stop and nowhere else to go.) Anyway, just got notification from my insurance company they are sending me a check to pay for the damages.

Well, the dealership where I bought that truck was calling me and trying to get me to trade in for a 2023 Tacoma and lower my payment. That's impossible, I said. But I'll bite. Entertainment for the afternoon, I could get away from work (which is nearby) early. Well, They could lower the interest rate because I am fabulous with Toyota Motor Credit Corp (I am always two payments ahead.) For about 40 dollars more, I got a 2023 Tacoma SR5 in a color a really like and the interior is the same, so I can use the seat covers I bought for the previous one. Kept my Bakflip tonneau cover. Only thing I forgot was a rubber bed liner. So, ordered a new one from Realtruck. This truck has keyless start.

Now, I don't have to deal with body shops on the old truck. They will spend a day or two fixing that one up and selling it fast, at only 25,200 miles. How did I put that many miles on it? Work is 55.5 miles from the house.

Anyway, the sales people and service department have always treated me right. Toyota of Dallas on Forest Lane, near the intersection of of I-35 (Stemmons Freeway) and IH-635 (LBJ Freeway.)

Swapped keys, got a work out pulling the tonneau cover off of there and putting the rails back in where they go and getting the $500 seat covers off. Getting lots of rain tomorrow, so probably putting that stuff back on Sunday.

Edited to add: I could not wait. This is Saturday and being an old man, I woke about 3 am to pee. Went back to bed and tossed and turned. I could not stand it. So, I got up and made some coffee and breakfast (3 hard-boiled eggs and two pieces of bread with grape jam on them.) Got dressed and put my Bakflip tonneau cover on.

I had bought mine from Tonneauworld but you can go direct to Bakflip.

I did it in the dark, with a slight mist, now and then. Phone light. And the '23 has lights in the bed, as well. So, I got the cover back on, Saved the Weathertech bug deflector and put that on.

I needed to ream out the drain holes in the drop-in liner that comes with the truck and I have what we call a uni-bit that goes from 1/8 out to 3/4 inch. But my old Ryobi charger doesn't work and I had dead batteries. So, I boogied on to Home Depot in the next town. They were open. I got one of those new Ryobi driver kit and drill. The 18v batteries fit my old stuff. So, I reamed out the drain holes in the bed liner. The rails for the flip cover have a tube that you can run down and silicone into your holes in the liner, This allows rain to drain directly to there from the rails.

All that is left is to put on the seat covers. I can take my time on that.

Edited to add. Now, Sunday 11th. I put the seat covers on. I really like the interior but I want to protect it. And my $500 dollar seat covers from Realtruck still fit the same, of course.

Edited to add: Wednesday 14th, my rubber bed liner arrived today. So, when I got home, I took about ten minutes to put it in, cutting with tin snips at the corners to make way for the drain tubes from the Bakflip rails.

Attachments

• Hunting & fishing Wagon.jpg
    Hunting & fishing Wagon.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: