• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see those 6mm creedmoor gassers

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    I am looking to build/buy a 6 CM gasser. Lets see what you have either bought or built, the specs, what you like about it and what you may change. If you have a adjustable gas block or not. How much does your set up weigh? What barrel length and the velocity you are achieving with your load. What bullet are you running and the verified dope. I think you have the idea.

I would guess the majority will be gap10s and that is fine

R

Re: Lets see those 6mm creedmoor gassers

I got mine a little while back the wait wasn't as long as I was quoted but experinces may vary.

6MM Creedmoor
    24" barrel
    Magpul PRS
    Upgraded trigger to DMR
    Noveske switch block
    they will install my break for my can.
    + 500 pcs of 6mm brass and dies

Here's a pix

I like it, this being my 1st wild-cat and being somewhat new to reloading... its a work in progress.

I choose to use a 115 DTAC due to the higher BC. My intent with this rifle (GAP-10 in 6mm CM) was to go out to 800-1500 yards or so. However it seems most folks using 105's.

I have had much different results than others it seems. My load testing showed that 37.6 was the most accurate. Its pretty slow, but its grouping way better than 39.8 or 39.7 Just over 1/2 MOA vs 1 MOA. I still have to do the math on the targets to give specifics. All that said, its tough to argue with 1/2 vs 1 MOA difference. At the same time, the velocity of 2688 is really slow, and I'll pay for it at extended ranges.

Thats my experince for what its worth. I think the gun is likely great.. Its just quite a learning curve for me.

Nice rifle kritos. Keep them coming guys!

btw did you test it until slight pressure signs on the brass/primer?

R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kritos666</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine a little while back the wait wasn't as long as I was quoted but experinces may vary.

6MM Creedmoor
    24" barrel
    Magpul PRS
    Upgraded trigger to DMR
    Noveske switch block

Here's a pix

I like it, this being my 1st wild-cat and being somewhat new to reloading... its a work in progress.

I choose to use a 115 DTAC due to the higher BC. My intent with this rifle (GAP-10 in 6mm CM) was to go out to 800-1500 yards or so. However it seems most folks using 105's.

I have had much different results than others it seems. My load testing showed that 37.6 was the most accurate. Its pretty slow, but its grouping way better than 39.8 or 39.7 Just over 1/2 MOA vs 1 MOA. I still have to do the math on the targets to give specifics. All that said, its tough to argue with 1/2 vs 1 MOA difference. At the same time, the velocity of 2688 is really slow, and I'll pay for it at extended ranges.

Thats my experince for what its worth. I think the gun is likely great.. Its just quite a learning curve for me. </div></div>

37.6 of what?

Example112.jpg

Example113.jpg

GAP10
    105 Hornady BTHP at around 3050
    H4350
    23 inch barrel
    Under half minute
    7.3 mils to 1000 yards
    Coyote mangler
    nuff said

That is a beautiful rifle ARP, your work still amazes me.
    After having your rifles for a while is there anything that you would change?

R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kritos666</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine a little while back the wait wasn't as long as I was quoted but experinces may vary.

6MM Creedmoor
    24" barrel
    Magpul PRS
    Upgraded trigger to DMR
    Noveske switch block

Here's a pix

Thats my experince for what its worth. I think the gun is likely great.. Its just quite a learning curve for me. </div></div>

37.6 of what?</div></div>

Sorry that was 37.8 actually of H4350.

When I ran the charge up to 39.7-40.0, I was seeing what appeared to be signs of over pressure. See images below.

I just got a magnetospeed chrono, hopefully that will be much more consistent then the old chrony f1 I used to have.