• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see those dura coat rifles

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
I am getting ready to spray a gun and Lauer's website sucks for showing what the colors actually look like. Post your picks of dura coated guns and what colors you used.

Lets see em.

Thanks

Re: Lets see those dura coat rifles

Haha well I can help you out in about a week once I get mine back. It's done in GAP camo, but just search on the forum or use google images, it should give you just about anything your looking for

Does Cerakoted count?

DSC03014.JPG

Desert Sand
Desert Verde
Coyote Tan
Patriot Brown
my custom mix "red lichen"

Edi, that is a very cool color and a great looking hunting rifle.

I have sprayed a couple, but now I use Jeromy Holmes for anything custom. He did this stock for me. It is Duracoat in several colors, but the colors are the same as what is used in GAP camo if I recall.

The barreled action was done by APA when they built the rifle. I cant tell you what he calls the color, but I really like it. It looks like some mix of brown and OD, maybe with some black, but I dont know for sure.

Patriot-210-4-1038.jpg

Does this fellow that painted your stock have a web sight. That is 1 bad ass looking rifle and paint job. Would like to see some of his work and what kind of prices he has....Thanks...DAN<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Edi, that is a very cool color and a great looking hunting rifle.

I have sprayed a couple, but now I use Jeromy Holmes for anything custom. He did this stock for me. It is Duracoat in several colors, but the colors are the same as what is used in GAP camo if I recall.

The barreled action was done by APA when they built the rifle. I cant tell you what he calls the color, but I really like it. It looks like some mix of brown and OD, maybe with some black, but I dont know for sure.

Patriot-210-4-1038.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I no longer have this one, but it was my favorite Duracoat job
Picture796.jpg

</div></div>

That is a cool looking AR Cap'n.

This is my first attempt with Duracoat. The pattern is French army in the Duracoat SL. I had to dull it down with clear satin SL since the SL paints came out too shiney for a hunting rifle.
PICT0015.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

I wanted something fairly open in pattern and not too dark for hunting the whitetail woods here in VA. Notice how the sun doesn't reflect off the rifle any more than the tree bark next to it. The clear satin is awesome for a top coat. Here's the SL finish with just the black base coats in place, notice the sheen.
PICT0005-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waynea_91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage 10BAS painted with the 5 color multicam Duracoat
dscn1312z.jpg

dscn1319o.jpg
</div></div>

Cool looking rifle. Being a Savage, I am sure it shoots well, but how do you find the ergonomics?

Personally, I think it would look better with the grip painted too. Just my opinion.

To use the AR10 PRS stock I had to make the cheek piece you see there b/c I couldn't get close enough to the scope. The CAA stock that came on it was shorter, but awful flimsy. I also got rid of the rail system that came on the rifle b/c by the time I stacked a Badger 22MOA rail and some low rings on it your head was uncomfortably high, which you can see in the pics above. With all that straightened out, I find it very comfortable now.

dscn1588z.jpg

I was up in the air on painting the grip, but I agree with you on it. Maybe someday I'll get my friend to paint it also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waynea_91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

To use the AR10 PRS stock I had to make the cheek piece you see there b/c I couldn't get close enough to the scope. The CAA stock that came on it was shorter, but awful flimsy. I also got rid of the rail system that came on the rifle b/c by the time I stacked a Badger 22MOA rail and some low rings on it your head was uncomfortably high, which you can see in the pics above. With all that straightened out, I find it very comfortable now.

dscn1588z.jpg

I was up in the air on painting the grip, but I agree with you on it. Maybe someday I'll get my friend to paint it also. </div></div>

i like that sling, looks like it centers the rifle and slings over both shoulders. what brand is that?

That is the TAB Biathlon sling. It does center the rifle on your back and is super comfortable to carry with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg
</div></div>

I love it! what were the colors used? I'm going to do my barreled action in Magpul FDE next week. Is the stock the molded in color?

Just got it back together. Putting a Rad Rapid Brake on it next week.
Magpul FDE barreled action, bottom metal, base and rings and krylon on the stock

DSCF0046.jpg

Here's my Duracoat Savage in GAP CAMO:

[img:center]
2hdprn6.jpg
[/img]
[img:center]
34fllps.jpg
[/img]

High Desert Tactical duracoated my USFT in Extreme Digital.

Some colors mixed some standard.7 colors were used altogether.

DSC00566.jpg
DSC00565.jpg
DSC00569.jpg