• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors LETS SEE YOUR 1911 OPERATORS.......!!!!!!

tyler s.

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
About to purchase a springfield operator, and was wondering what my options are, and what it looks like from various angles.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Re: LETS SEE YOUR 1911 OPERATORS.......!!!!!!

This is the older model with full-length dust cover, but a lot of the features are still the same. In my opinion, it is the nicest production 1911 made. Here is a pic of mine, only mods made are the grips and S&A mag well.

TRP.jpg

Sorry not much different of an angle but that's what I gots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my duty weapon;Donnie</div></div>

I understand pride of ownership but man do the guys at work rag on you for leaving the Springfield tag on the the TG? ;-)

Here's mine, 3rd one sold in the state of Utah way back when they were trying to get another one to buy them.

trpopcfgfbn9.jpg

Karsten

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my duty weapon:

P1010637.jpg

Has a Streamlight TLR-1 attached to it while working. Love it.

Donnie</div></div>

We have the same duty weapon!!! lol

Billylo:

No, but it does tend to hang up on my holster during the draw!
wink.gif

Ryu,

I feel very fortunate that I am allowed to carry a 1911 on duty. Not alot of cops have that advantage!

Donnie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Billylo:

No, but it does tend to hang up on my holster during the draw!
wink.gif

Ryu,

I feel very fortunate that I am allowed to carry a 1911 on duty. Not alot of cops have that advantage!

Donnie
</div></div>

ya i wasnt allowed to carry it untill i took the non existant "1911 transition class". i spoke with my LT. and he said just qual and go ahead and carry it
smile.gif

If you're haveing trouble with it hanging up in the holster, try a custom holster. I have a Mernickle and it draws perfect every time.

I think he meant it was sticking because of the tag. I was thinking he must be trying to start a new trend. Like all the rappers that leave the tag in their hats.

Mine:

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0089.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

It's a TRP, I only use the bushing with the threaded barrel as it gives better support to the can. Can is a YHM Cobra 45. Barrel is an EFK threaded .578-28.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine:

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0089.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

It's a TRP, I only use the bushing with the threaded barrel as it gives better support to the can. Can is a YHM Cobra 45. Barrel is an EFK threaded .578-28. </div></div>

thats pretty bad ass just like call of duty 4
smile.gif

If anyone wants to sell me one of those operators with the full length light rail/dust cover, i would take it right now....really.

here's some of my duty pistol. I changed out the cocabola wood grips for standard rubber grips. The wood was too pretty to screw up on the streets. I put the wood grips on my Target 1911 that I carry when wearing civies.

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN1425.jpg

Guys I have been eyeing one of these for a while too. I have seen a couple full length rail model with a traditional bushing set up and a bull barrel set up. Was the bull barrel/ no bushing an option on these or did they only offer it on given years or special models?

Thanks
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I have been eyeing one of these for a while too. I have seen a couple full length rail model with a traditional bushing set up and a bull barrel set up. Was the bull barrel/ no bushing an option on these or did they only offer it on given years or special models?

Thanks
Jim </div></div>

The earlier 1st Gen Mil Spec Operator and Loaded Operators had Standard barrels with Bushing and a Full Length Rail. The TRP Operator came with a Bull Barrel, no Bushing and a Full Length Rail.

Then SA Came out with the USMC Operator with a short rail, 2 toned, Standard barrel they dropped Mil Spec and soon there after the Loaded.

They added a Compact Operator, then dropped it and the USMC Operator for Lightweight Alloy Framed Full Size and Champion Versions.

The 1sat Gen TRP Operator was most likely what you saw with a Full Rail, Adjustable Rear Sight, Bushingless Bull Barrel.

trpbh4.jpg

trpopcfgfbn9.jpg

Good luck finding one as they are sparce these days.

Karsten

Thanks for the info Karsten. I'm patient enough to hold out for Gen 1 TRP, now that I know what I'm looking for.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info Karsten. I'm patient enough to hold out for Gen 1 TRP, now that I know what I'm looking for.

Jim </div></div>

Be careful when looking on the net as a few people really don't know what they have are maybe they do.

This for example is listed as a TRP Operator when in fact it is a mil Spec Operator. This has a standard barrel and bushing setup and some aftermarket wrap around grips.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=98257726

A TRP Operator will have TRP in a 45 degree angle at the back or the slide and will say Operator on the right of the slide. Note the Adjustable rear sight in my pictures....TRP Operator was the Only Operator with this sight.

Mil Spec had Mil Spec notch rear sight, Loaded had Novak Custom Carry Night sight.

Karsten

Karsten,
I don't know when you looked at that one on gunbroker, but the seller actually corrected the ad. The actual TRP's that I have looked at are fully decked out with ambi-safety and a full beavertail grip safety and as you said adj rear site. I think they have also had Tactical engraved on the left side of the frame too. It seems the full TRP is setup pretty much like my double stack .40 SV, which is part of why I'm looking for one. Thanks for all the info.

Jim

As far as I know the MC operator is still available considering we're getting them in at work. And the 1st gen TRP operator is also avilable if you request it. I've ordered 3 in the past 6 months and have a couple on order right now.

Evil,
That is good to know. I have been looking for a used one, thinking that was the only way I would be able to get one with the bull barrel. What is the model number on the Gen 1 TRP? I was originally going to pick one up to shoot single stake IPSC but looked at the rules the other day and the bull barrel is a no no and they have a rail length limit. Oh well, I guess I won't shoot it in single stack.

Thanks
Jim

full-rail TRPs are still available, they do the occasional run of them as demand requires. If you don't mind waiting on backorder until they decide to run the frames, I'm told the full rail is a no-cost option.

I'm putting this together for my wife. If I ever get the money together it will be similar to my lightweight.

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

My favorite 1911, period. Old style Operator wish I had another one just like it.

qp039l.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm told the full rail is a no-cost option.</div></div>

Buds Gun Shop just had one for sale that was new for $1600 so I suppose it is a no cost option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilsvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with my STI

rails.jpg
</div></div>

What a sexy STI Tactical!!! Is it in .45 ACP? I am going to start looking for one. Any suggestion on who & where have a good deal? Thanks.

Can someone tell me where I can get one/two? Can't find them on GunBroker...

There are a couple at Impact... but they have pretty high prices. I would shop around at local dealers, see if they can order one if they don't carry them. I'm lucky enough to live close to Green Mountain Guns in Denver. Those guys can usually get anything I ask for.

A couple newer photos of mine:

IMGP0278.jpg

IMGP0290.jpg

IMGP0292.jpg

IMGP0308-1.jpg

Old TRP, full-rail, EFK threaded barrel, YHM Cobra 45 can, Streamlight TLR-1. The idiot mark is from the pistol's previous owner.

These picks ROCK!!!!!!!!! thanks guys...really

BEST 1911 THREAD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the ones for sale at my local dealer!! Any good deals?

014308 USED SPRINGFIEL 1911A1 NM151378 45 TROPHYMATCH $895.00
008045 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911 A1 NM158208 S/SW/BX 45ACP C/O $549.95
010765 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911 A1 NM59594 45ACP $449.95
010818 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911 A1 N311982 45ACP CUSTOM $725.00
007401 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911 C/O 78130 45ACP (1914)US ARMY $1,650.00
012048 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911A1 NM64088 CUSTOMCARRY W/BX $749.95
016907 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911A1 NM108290 CUSTOM 45 S/S $1,195.00
012270 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911-A1 WW87208 45ACP HOGUE GRIP $459.95
014578 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911-A1 N175132 S/S BLUE W/N.S $819.95
012826 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911-A1 WW11749 45ACP W/PACHGRIP $449.95
020610 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911-A1 WW23762 45ACP [ARL W/BX $429.95
019980 USED SPRINGFIELD 1911-A1 F901775 9MM W/BRAKE $675.00