• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's see your air brushed stocks!

Quinc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2012
California
I am going to be getting my Mcgee stock painted by a tattoo artist and need some ideas! =)

Quinc
What ever you do, put something in it that supports our guys in the sand box; they will appreciate it.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Quinc
What ever you do, put something in it that supports our guys in the sand box; they will appreciate it.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

word!!!
everything is more badass with Ole Glory on it!

Glad to see this thread. Got a rifle that I'm thinking about sending for a custom air brush. I've searched the web high and low with limited success.

This is my rig...
2011-03-20_14-45-56_54_zps59a8beef.jpg

2011-03-20_14-44-43_105_zpsc13051c2.jpg

Last edited:
L&L,
Sweet ride. I had tossed the idea of stenciling something on a stick and that deer/skull hybrid pattern kinda does it for me. Cool deal.

Thanks guys. Looks a bit different now. I just changed the optic to the Bushnell HDMR with Spuhr mount. Haven't painted the new stuff yet.

Nice work pyplynr.

I love the Skull camo patterns and am def going to steal that for my tactical build! For the f-cass rig I am looking for something more pretty like:
IMG_4039.jpg

img0134dyg.jpg

dragons1.jpg

It's just spray-paint, but I think I pulled off a pretty convincing MultiCam pattern:

AICS_Multicam_Paint_II-2.jpg

Put these up quite a while ago in another thread. We all appreciate an artists talent and this is a friends stock painted by another friend. No photos on this, all hand done with small customization to the images personal to the owner on the ships. Painted on a very specialized LR pistol stock built for off hand shooting at LR targets at the Masters.

gunstock9.jpg

gunstock8.jpg

gunstock7.jpg

gunstock6.jpg

gunstock5.jpg

gunstock4.jpg

gunstock2.jpg

gunstock10.jpg

Amazing the talent some people have. Lots of nice looking stocks in the posts above this, great job to all the artists that created them.

Topstrap

Last edited:
Put these up quite a while ago in another thread. We all appreciate an artists talent and this is a friends stock painted by another friend. No photos on this, all hand done with small customization to the images personal to the owner on the ships. Painted on a very specialized LR pistol stock built for off hand shooting at LR targets at the Masters.

gunstock9.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img846/1609/gunstock8.
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img683/6449/gunstock7.jpg
gunstock6.jpg

gunstock5.jpg

gunstock4.jpg

gunstock2.jpg

gunstock10.jpg

Amazing the talent some people have. Lots of nice looking stocks in the posts above this, great job to all the artists that created them.

Topstrap

I am a huge Star Trek fan and I love the paint scheme :)

Pretty good looking stocks in here. I think it would be cool to see a camo style flame paint job.

b5d9e103-800d-46c0-8c76-02c0b1f2aca0_zps904b5a32.jpg

This is airbrushed, about 20 years ago. And nope, I'm not a talented airbrush tattoo artist.
It was a 700 VS .223. Stock had a 1.5" crack on top of comb from factory, out of the box.
Shipped it back to HS Precision and swapped for a PSS +$.
Mounted Leupold 6.5-20x40,target knobs, gloss finish, Fine Duplex reticle, scope on it.
Installed a Timney trigger.
Took my Badger airbrush and camoed it, scope and all. My shooting buddy about died when I painted a Leupold scope.
I once killed a PD at 688 yards with it with a Nolser 55BT, 19 minutes elevation and 9 minutes left wind.
My sons and I put over 25K rounds through the original barrel shooting prairie dogs over a 4 year period.
It wouldn't hold minute of popcan after that.
Had Bison Barrel Works in Recluse WY rebarrel it about 12 years ago. It's got a 12 twist (think 40 grain Nosler BTs) stainless fluted barrel on it now. I think the barrel is KG coated

Here is a couple pics of mine . The paint was done by Dimensions , more of his work can be seen at Kustomcamo.com
photo-2_zps49f2c790.jpg

300-3.jpg

I painted mine 2 weeks ago.
Rattle can, that's a kind of airbrush, right?

Joe

Attachments

• new camo.jpg
    new camo.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I am inspired by both the Star Trek stock and the skulls. I think what I need is a camo theme similar to the skulls, but instead of skulls I want William Shatner heads and this tranya guy's:

Balok_zpsc436fc65.jpg

I realize I may be broken in the brain.

I am inspired by both the Star Trek stock and the skulls. I think what I need is a camo theme similar to the skulls, but instead of skulls I want William Shatner heads and this tranya guy's:

Balok_zpsc436fc65.jpg

LOL^ Would really like to see how that paint job turns out!

bump! GOOD THREAD KEEP 'EM COMING!
I am going to send in my two when they get built to Dimensions here on the hide...superb work that guy does!

Balok_zpsc436fc65.jpg

Better toss in some Spock heads w/ears so people don't think you're trying to go for a Michael Meyers motif.

I'm thinking a "Jay and Silent Bob" or " Bluntman and Chronic" theme.

Balok_zpsc436fc65.jpg

Clint Howard, Ron "Opie" Howard's little brother. Is that pic from Star Trek? Clint starred in a show called Gentle Ben, like Flipper, except w a black bear. Used to dry fire on the bear w my Daisy Spittin' Image 1894 in front of the ol' B&W television.;)

do you guys use cerakote or automotive paint to airbrush??