• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Lets see your ghillie.

I like what you did for your rifle, you just slip that on when in position or do you secure it and move with it?

Sewed in some Velcro and a little shoe goo.

d1015206dfad469174fb25299415f8de_zps895a142a.jpg

f0d1d257d239be1d7c6da0df7dfe1f53_zpsc712e16d.jpg

That rifle idea is awesome!

My humble attempt from a cross the pond (so far)...

Issued MTP smock with..
Front zip removed
Crawl pad added on the front. Used fabric padding instead of foam
Shooting non slip shoulder section

Mesh sections added to the rear for ventilation
Elastic loops on for veg on the upper arms, hood and back
I've added mossie mesh to the hood as a face vale so it's like an emergency/extra ghille hat
Thumb loops on the sleeves

I've added zips in the sides to help getting it on and off.
Not in this picture, it was added afterwards, a crotch flap that goes from the back of the smock, under ya groin and secures at the front. Stops the smock riding up when crawling backwards.

The smock already has zipped arm pits for hot days and lower fleece hand warmer pockets for those cold days.

Trousers done too, same kinda style.

I've learnt a lot in this thread and going to...
Add netting to the rear of the smock and the back of the trouser legs
Add more elastic
Completely re make my hat with netting, elastic bands and cutting the crown out.

To scrim this up I have a very lightweight shroud that I've adapted so it attaches to the smock itself. Not sure if I prefer this or not but the shroud is small enough to crush up and be taken for use as and when.

I'll add pics shortly of the rest.

Don't alway use a ghille though... Come to the UK, it rarely rains HONEST!

Here is my first try. I'm going to use it in woodland area.
What do you think? Hope I didn't overdid with jute.

IMAG0383.jpg

Well done fella's, the only thing that worry's me is some idiot seeing me walking around the woods and shooting me. I had a guy looking at me through his scope one day in the wilderness while deer hunting and I was wearing blaze orange. I thought I was going to have to shoot him. It's dangerous with all the ass's out in the woods.

So besides Triad, What are good reputable companies to deal with for supplies? Those with made in US are a big plus.

An old suit made on a UCP base I had laying around. Made with a lot of burlap on purpose. Blended very well in the area.

what material (link if possible) are you using for the mesh netting? Living in the desert and hoping to use it for some song dogs and whatever else may arise, i forsee vents a necessity. I got the jute after hours of disassembling a burlap mesh, have ot die it and get started.

Also the tac concealment die just says mix with water, is there a ratio of dye to hot water?

what material (link if possible) are you using for the mesh netting? Living in the desert and hoping to use it for some song dogs and whatever else may arise, i forsee vents a necessity. I got the jute after hours of disassembling a burlap mesh, have ot die it and get started.

Also the tac concealment die just says mix with water, is there a ratio of dye to hot water?

I used mosquito netting.

-The Truth is Out There-

I saw a guy with it and couldn't find something similar online, but at a local outdoor shop they had "decorative nautical netting" which worked beautifully. If they relabeled it as a ghillie base net I would've paid double for it as nice as it was!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hey guys what are your thoughts on how to get about making one of these suits for a tropical/equatorial rainforest environment? I don't think it would be possible to use one of these traditional suits in the environment where I live. Climate is extremely humid temperatures year round 29-33C, rainfall from between 2500-4000+mm a year. Jungle so think almost impossible to walk through without cutters in most places. My main concern is the heat that would be trapped I'm sure you would near sweat to death in a traditional suit. We near sweat to death here just in a pair of shorts during the wet season. Looking to make something for hunting applications but got me curious as to what actual snipers are using if operating in an equatorial rainforest climate anyone know?

Great suits, i have to build one soon. What do you guys do with them when you're done? Just a cool thing to own or do you go out and practice with them?

Tactical Concealment.

Tac Con IS NOT a reputable company....they never shipped my order, and i cannot reach them via email or phone.......i had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back.

and from what ive been hearing, theyve been doing this to a lot of other people too......avoid them at all costs

Tac Con IS NOT a reputable company....they never shipped my order, and i cannot reach them via email or phone.......i had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back.

and from what ive been hearing, theyve been doing this to a lot of other people too......avoid them at all costs

Wow! That's unfortunate to hear they have always been good to me. I bought my their gillie kit when I built my first one before Sniper school and then used their Mamba for school and in my section. Ill have to do some asking around a good friend of mine knows the owner.

Wow! That's unfortunate to hear they have always been good to me. I bought my their gillie kit when I built my first one before Sniper school and then used their Mamba for school and in my section. Ill have to do some asking around a good friend of mine knows the owner.

yeah i had heard nothing but good things.....and they never had a problem answering my emails......but after i placed my order i never heard another word from them.

if you hear anything let us know, im kind of interested in whats going on over there.

What happens if cops are surveilling a house, perp spots one of the hides of the cops, and opens fire? Do they go balls out or back out to try again?

I am following ul here its been a long time since I have got on the last. I would say that tactical concealment type viper hoods will be the best pick for hot climates. The trade off is your ability to have on hand equipment in your top....when i was stalking I would hide my dragbag and would finish the final stalk without it.

The only portion you really need is the hat+veil setup. This is primarily to cover your gun and shoulder/head outline as well as incorporate natural veg.

For your body, a burlap camo sheet that you have put through a mudbath (and spray painted further if you wish) and left outside after cutting a hole in it to put your head through and wear it as a poncho will more than suffice. Be sure to allow the side of the poncho to be shorter and allow your arms/hands to come out; just like a USGI poncho but not reflective, will naturally get more natural veg and who knows what else stuck to it from your AO and much quieter, but without all of the heat.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Let's see your ghillie and maybe a description of how you made it.

First image is a ground blind using commercial fishing net and synthetic dyed jute "store bought".

Second image is a hat/veil made of a boonie hat with the same netting glued to it, hand dyed garden jute twine, dyed strips of a burlap coffee sack and dyed denim.

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG