• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your KRG X-RAY chassis !!!

Sure, I'm in. Been running mine four months and so far its been to a few matches, a bunch of training assemblies, several call outs and a recent course and has held up sold and the more I use it the more I like it.

Sully

Attachments

• 20140407_180339-1_resized.jpg
    20140407_180339-1_resized.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 441
  • 20140425_174416_resized.jpg
    20140425_174416_resized.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 241
  • 20140425_174046_resized.jpg
    20140425_174046_resized.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 165
Sure, I'm in. Been running mine four months and so far its been to a few matches, a bunch of training assemblies, several call outs and a recent course and has held up sold and the more I use it the more I like it.

Sully

Man thats a nice rig love the paint job...im waiting on trigger to come in and I'm putting mine in the X-ray I see you have a spigot did you take it off or is that pic the newest just wondering if you think the spigot is worth it ?

Sully, I notice you have the spigot in one pic and not in the others. I am thinking of getting one and like the idea of the bipod farther forward. How do you like it and have you found advantages to having the spigot? Great paint job too!
Thanks, Mark

Man thats a nice rig love the paint job...im waiting on trigger to come in and I'm putting mine in the X-ray I see you have a spigot did you take it off or is that pic the newest just wondering if you think the spigot is worth it ?

It is on and yes worth it. Replying to another post below:

Sully, I notice you have the spigot in one pic and not in the others. I am thinking of getting one and like the idea of the bipod farther forward. How do you like it and have you found advantages to having the spigot? Great paint job too!
Thanks, Mark

I had the Spigot off to add the Harris stud and was waiting for a part. Now yes, I love the Spigot for several reasons, one is for NV use, I don't have the Badger NV mount on there but I will use if for my clip on. I like the bipod farther forward as well be 99% of the reason is for positional shooting and shooting off various supports. I want the rifle as far forward on the stock as I can so I remove all the seesaw motion so the spigot helps there. For position shooting I use my old GI issue M1 green sling and found that with the spigot I can use the rail for the Atlas and mount the sling stud behind the Atlas. This allows me to attach the sling behind the bipod and use the side flush cup mount on the rear of the stock. Now I can rapidly use my old sling for parade sling, hasty or deliberate. Also allows for Hawkins, side etc. and I have found the BEST mounting point for the sling is right down bottom behind the bipod. For years this limited me to the Harris bipods because most modern rifles use all types of side mounts, great for carry but not the best for sling use. CAN it be done, yes! But for me I get far greater support when the sling is mounted forward and under the stock. So the spigot allows the BEST of both, Atlas and a stud mount. Now I just grab my old GI sling and use a flush cup in the rear and a swivel mount for and in 5 seconds I can hit any position, fully reinforced, with the best support. Another reason KRG is the best tactical application for a rifle I have found.

And yes, I have used every sling out there and the best is the old M1 GI sling. It is light, tough and most of all EASY!

Sully

Attachments

• ARS01-2T.jpg
    ARS01-2T.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks Sully, I did not think about sling use but i could see how it could help. Have used the same sling in HP shooting with my garand and AR. I want to do some FT/R matches also and I think having a bipod further forward would help there also.

Thanks Sully, I did not think about sling use but i could see how it could help. Have used the same sling in HP shooting with my garand and AR. I want to do some FT/R matches also and I think having a bipod further forward would help there also.

Correct, the more forward IMHO the better. And use your M1 sling. I have several nice fancy, modern and expensive slings. Paid close to $100 a few times yet I always end up back with the simplicity of the M1 sling. Just change the swivels and your GTG and have modernized your 40 year old sling.

Sully

Just some crappy pictures taken with my cellular device. Once I get the studio finished I will be able to take better pictures.
20140517_134419_zps5da133ca.jpg

IMG_20140517_162844_zps2e0af3fb.jpg

Last edited: