• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lets see your MK12MOD1 builds

308FREAK

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2007
PA
I have all the parts together now and just ordered the NF 2.5-10x24 for the build,
anyone else using this scope on a MK12MOD1
post them up

Re: lets see your MK12MOD1 builds

I used to have the MK12 ModO and had that scope on it as well. I think you will really like that set up. I recently sent out a KAC upper to Monty to have him build me a MK 12 Mod 1 upper to go with a KAC lower. I figuered it would be pretty cool to have it built up on those receivers. As far as the scope, I am now using a Leupold TS-30 which is a contract scope.

I hear Monty is the MAN for MK12 builds. that will be my next rifle, also-J

I have built both a Mod 0 and Mod 1 . My Mod 0 is closer to original. The Mod 1 has a Satern cut rifle 6.5 Grendel . Because it has the goofy 9/16-24 I couldn't get the proper Ops Inc Brake and collar

I put on my IOR 6-24 because its the only spare scope I have right now. I think the NF 2.5 would be a better choice

Reciever is a Larue Billet, KAC Rail etc. Don't have the irons for it yet.

MK12Mod11.jpg

MK12Mod1.jpg

I still have a soft spot for the Mod 0 despite being old school. I couldn't bring myself to use Arms Rings so I went with Badgers. Barrel is an intermediate gas system Noveske SPR

CopyofMK12Mod013.jpg

No scope shown in the pics, but I have an Leupold SPR (discontinued) scope on mine. This is my build and a prototype for a company that I having been working on the start up for.

I have that exact NF scope on my LRB M14. I really like it.

My Mod1 SPRish build.
IMG_1731.jpg

The NF is not permanent, most likely a 10x NF will be going on it later down the road.

Here is a crappy pic of mine. Should be sending my paperwork off to the ATF next week for the Ops Inc can to finish this one off.
743Q0592.jpg

If it comes by October, it will be five months. I think the barrels are the big hold up. He has to wait for a new batch of barrels. The barrels are supposed to be made by the same guy that turns them for the military. Only Monty has access to these barrels. Also, this is not Monty's primary job. (According to some on M4carbine.net, he is an active duty SEAL and an expert on the MK12, but I have no way to verify that.)

I know these arent MK12MOD1 builds but i had the need to post.
Front to back: 6.5 Grendel 18"bbl/ .223 Rem. 20" NM bbl/ .223 Rem. 16" bbl

3Gunspic4.jpg

keep em' coming....still waiting for the NF2.5-10x24 on a mod1

<span style="color: #FF0000">MK12 MOD0 SPR</span>
IMG_3854.jpg

WOA 18" special contour SPR barrel
Ops Inc break & collar
ARMS bipod mount
ARMS 22 rings
ARMS 22 ring cap rail
ARMS 40 BUIS
ARMS PEQ2-3 rail
PRI front sight/gas block
PRI FF tube
A2 buttstock
Timney skeleton trigger
Leupold M3a (shown with MR/T 3-9x36...also a contract scope)
LMT lower receiver
Colt upper reciever
KNS anti-roll pins
*Shown with Monoloc and PVS14 NOD

<span style="color: #FF0000">MK12 MOD1 SPR (don't have pics yet, but it is spec - the lower)</span>
Noveske N4 lower
KAC 2 stage match trigger
KAC FF RAS
KAC front flip up sight
KAC 600m BUIS
KAC bipod mount
Harris HBRMS 6-9
Douglas 18" SPR barrel
Ops Collar & break
SOPMOD stock
ARMS 22 rings
ARMS 22 ring cap rail
Leupold M3a

<span style="color: #FF0000">Recce rifle</span>
IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

Noveske N4 lower
YHM M4 ramped upper
Douglas 16" barrel
KAC 300m BUIS
Troy front sight
Ops Inc collar & break
DD Lite 12.0 RAS
KAC M110 SASS stock
KAC bipod mount
HBRMS 6-9
Nightforce unimount
Nightforce 2.5-10x24 ill MD
Geissele DMR trigger

*My Ops Inc 12th MBS suppressor works well on all three
grin.gif

A mod 0 and a couple mod 1's built on Colt 6940 lowers/Colt M4 uppers with Geisselle DMR triggers. CLE turned Douglas SPR barrels. Leupold MK4 3.5-10, 2.5-8, 3-9.
MK12andSIG556008.jpg

No MK12 but: <span style="font-weight: bold">6.5 Grendel</span> Flat Dark Earth Mix

Daniel Defense 12.0" M4 Rail
Daniel Defense LowPro gas block
Middy gas system
Sabre Defense Comp. Fluted 18" bbl
Larue Tactical SPR 1.5 Mount
Larue Tactical Bi-pod Mount
Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS
Harris 6-9" Bi-pod
Troy Ind. BUIS
Alexander Arms 6.5 Bolt Assembly
KNS n0n-rotating pins Gen2
Rock River NM 2-Stage Trigger
Magpul PRS Stock
Magpul Rail Covers
Ergo Palm shef Grip
Badger Tac Latch
Bravo Company USA upper
DPMS lower
GG+G GS1 Riser (removed/did not need)
AA and C-products Magazines (not shown in pic)

65Grendelpic1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know these arent MK12MOD1 builds but i had the need to post.
Front to back: 6.5 Grendel 18"bbl/ .223 Rem. 20" NM bbl/ .223 Rem. 16" bbl

3Gunspic4.jpg
</div></div>

Why are your scopes mounted so high?

I removed the one with the Nightforce scope, didnt need it.
The one with the Leupold has elevation built into it, plus the scope sits to low without it, your heads damn near laying flat on the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BearGuide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A mod 0 and a couple mod 1's built on Colt 6940 lowers/Colt M4 uppers with Geisselle DMR triggers. CLE turned Douglas SPR barrels. Leupold MK4 3.5-10, 2.5-8, 3-9.
MK12andSIG556008.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet collection---look very milspec!

Ok, not EXACTLY what is asked, how about my Mod 0.Only thing not exactly spec is the scope, but it's still a Loopy..
DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

what sling and attachments are issued with the MK12 MOD0 or MOD1.

trying to get a parts list together for my builds..

my stuff has to be close to spec..

just started a MK12 MOD0 build with a MOD1 to follow..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: littlebarney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what sling and attachments are issued with the MK12 MOD0 or MOD1.

trying to get a parts list together for my builds..

my stuff has to be close to spec..

just started a MK12 MOD0 build with a MOD1 to follow..

</div></div>

I am curious too. I have a pretty close Mk12 Mod 0 on the way. It is not perfect, but it is close. The barrel is a Noveske.

I am curious about some of the details of these builds. Mine was built by PRI, I am trying to find info about their uppers and the quality of their builds. Will peruse Arfcom when I have time, but was hoping I may get some info here. Here is a picture.

mk12.jpg

Mine is on an LMT lower with a SopMod stock, MP enhance TG, 2 stage trigger and ERGO grip. I am going to start the process of getting an Ops Inc suppressor. will be my first one.

Would like to understand if PRI's current Mod 0 uppers are the real deal as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thmpr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would like to understand if PRI's current Mod 0 uppers are the real deal as well. </div></div>

It's my understanding that Dave and the crew at PRI built many of the first Mod 0s for US .mil. In fact, PRI sold off a small number of used Mod 0 uppers last year that came back to them from an ODA in the sandbox...they went fast and I'm still pissed that I missed them...

Steve at ADCO had a great thread over at ARFcom last year where he got a private tour of the NAVSPECWAR Crane facility where USSOCOM's SPRs were being built. In that thread he said that .mil wasn't procuring any MOD 0s anymore--they've all gone to the Mod 1, although I imagine some of the BTDT folks here might have better\newer intel...

K