• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's see your "well used" rifles.

slate84

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2010
Brookings SD
I'm not usually one for picture thread but I saw a picture on here a while ago where someone asked if the scratch on the crown of there new AI would hurt it to which someone posted pictures of a high round count AI that had see better cosmetic days but made it all the more beautiful to me. Put a couple "character" marks on my rifle this weekend and proud to say its from use. I'd love to see other peoples rigs to help inspire that beauty is in the group, not the finish.

AIAE MKIII 24" .308, SWFA 5-20HD, LDSP Innovative can.
Got my first hits Sunday at 1066y using 168 Amax TAP.
OgtV8Tb.jpg

My AR15 (from 1985) has about 7000 rounds through it and looks like it has never been fired from the outside.

This 308 shows a little bit of honest wear on the bolt. I just recently stripped the Krylon off of it. The stock and barrel look pretty well preserved from the paint.

This guy has about 4000 rounds of heat rocks thru it. Use it for shooting p dogs

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Got about 1500 rounds down it. Groups are starting to open up though and I get the occasional "flyer" :D

tumblr_m85gukWH7K1r9khx4o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see your "well used" rifles.

I'm not usually one for picture thread but I saw a picture on here a while ago where someone asked if the scratch on the crown of there new AI would hurt it to which someone posted pictures of a high round count AI that had see better cosmetic days but made it all the more beautiful to me.
You mean this one:
gahyzu7u.jpg

3ynuve5a.jpg

e6asy3uv.jpg

Haha! I grabbed that image off of Google images, but you can imagine what that experience might have been like. It looks like an AW50 said "goodnight".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty more worn than mine,but this was my .308 before Beef Supreme on this board rebuilt it for me. The pics were of a bottom metal installation by another smith I wasn't happy with before I sent the DBM back and installed a Surgeon DBM myself, but shows the condition it was in. When Beef Supreme rebuilt it, I smoothed the stock out and had it dipped Multicam.

Hooper1.jpg

Hooper2.jpg

It's all pretty again now, and back to shooting like it should.

55EB44C0-6F4A-4EDC-BA0C-DE5B7B2FDA58-3568-000002F55A1861CE_zpsb6a6c2dd.jpg

I have a lot of worn bluing on my rifle, she is a hand-me-down model 70 made about 1976. Unfortunately, pretty is just a can of krylon away and it looks new again so I have nothing to show. =P

My rifles are well worn,I dont treat them bad or purposely go out to damage them but a rifle is a tool in my opinion and they get scratched and dinged when hunting ect so dont sweat it.These rifles are no range queens.From a rotten(but succesful) trip to the mountain
1z67gnd.jpg

some long range work
2prgthe.jpg

2mxew0h.jpg

I like the last one in the hard frost
1z30z1l.jpg

Last edited:
Sharps 50-70

This guy could tell some stories. Sharp's 50-70 conversion. 144 years old and still sends a 500g slug downrange accurately. This gun ended up at Stembridge Movie Rentals in California. Sold at their big auction several years ago, including rental paperwork showing it was used in the movie "Tom Horn" with Steve McQueen.

You win.

This guy could tell some stories. Sharp's 50-70 conversion. 144 years old and still sends a 500g slug downrange accurately. This gun ended up at Stembridge Movie Rentals in California. Sold at their big auction several years ago, including rental paperwork showing it was used in the movie "Tom Horn" with Steve McQueen.

My rifles are well worn,I dont treat them bad or purposely go out to damage them but a rifle is a tool in my opinion and they get scratched and dinged when hunting ect so dont sweat it.These rifles are no range queens.From a rotten(but succesful) trip to the mountain
1z67gnd.jpg

Not to bust balls, but a rectangular box covering your face would be more tacticool.

AIAE MKIII 24" .308, SWFA 5-20HD, LDSP Innovative can.
Got my first hits Sunday at 1066y using 168 Amax TAP.

How do you like the Innovative Arms can?

Their shop is pretty local to me, but I've never shot one. Need to go by there one day.

Stop by, they're good people. I've taken an AAC and a SAS there to compare to their cans. They don't make any lightweight cans for a precision role, but they sound very good. The guy who went with us to hear mine vs theirs bought both a 223 and 308 can that day. I wouldn't mind having a mini grunt.

What cheek rest is on this rifle?

55EB44C0-6F4A-4EDC-BA0C-DE5B7B2FDA58-3568-000002F55A1861CE_zpsb6a6c2dd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I molded a piece of thick kydex over the top of the stock and put strips of sticky foam weatherstripping under it to raise it to height. Over that is an Eagle stock pack.

Preparing for a Rifle's Only course
Bang010.jpg

Same rifle, after replacing the riveted extractor...
extractor011.jpg

The barreled action was purchased second hand so I don’t know how many rounds it has seen but I have about 2k on it now.

What stock is that on the rifle about in multi-cam? Looks sleek.

It just the factory Remington 700P stock. I took a sander to it to smooth out some of the gouges in the previous pics and had it dipped. Not fancy, but it works great.

I had a 1965 Rem 700 in 7mm Rem Mag that was beat up bad. Even tried to close it in the pickup door once. Last year I rebuilt it into a 300 Win Mag so I can't show pictures of the original rifle.