• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Let's solve this savage dbm problem

Re: Let's solve this savage dbm problem

AICS for the Savage's?? As in the CDI bottom metals??

If that is what you are referring too, I would not have a clue unless I had the parts to take all the dimensions from to compare.

If you had a steel bodied G3 magazine handy, you could take all the dimensions and let me know what they are. I would be able to tell you pretty quick like.

DK

I don't have any WSM's to compare... but it would be ALOT more than you would get otherwise!! LOL!!

DK

Billy,

Send me about 12 fired cases, and I will tell you specifically how many it will hold and function with. I will then send the cases back with your... uuummmm, order. LOL!!

DK

Sweetness... I will let you know as soon as possible. I will be flying to Texas on Friday for Father's Day, and I will return on Wednesday. I am sure they will be here by then, so I will let you know shortly thereafter.

DK

Cool! (If you want the brass, for future testing keep it. Is some stuff I do not load anymore.

That's utmost in cool. I can use it to work out the dimensions to get a specific number of rounds in the magazines. Thanks Bro!!

Also, if you want, I can "upgrade" that Savage factory WSM magazine body from the aluminum kit that you have now, to the steel version if you like. Just let me know.

DK

ou are being way to damn kind! I am happy with the 5-round mag...That way I am still legal to hunt in AZ!

Just to let everyone know... this time around, I will be taking a bit more time to get these done. I was bustin my butt to get everything turned around in 2 days max. I don't think I can do that anymore, and I know that my family can't deal with me dedicating ALL my time to work and this venture.

So, if you wouldn't mind, the turn around time will be more likely a week to get everything done and shipped. I don't want to get burnt out again, and my family seems to miss me too. It may take a few more days... but I assure you, you won't mind the extra time, as you will be very pleased!!

Again... Fully welded... Fully functional... and Fully guaranteed!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am happy with the 5-round mag...</div></div>

Your call Bro!! If you want a welded version for the range, just snag a WSM body and follower assembly from Savage and send it my way. Tuck that one in under your hat for future reference.

DK

Rat how about some estimated cost of your different mag sizes. I am very interested in your welded ones.
smile.gif

I have had several inquiries as to "just how good does this magazine function"?? As soon as I can find another video camera (wife has it in Texas right now), I will get the vid posted of the RatMag ST-15 for you to see for yourself.

Believe me, it runs incredibly well... 15 rounds worth!!

DK

And to answer the other part of the inquiries. Yes, the aluminum versions were cheaper, but not by much. In fact, I went from the epoxied aluminum versions, which ended up having some problems, to an all welded all steel version, and the cost only went up by $5.00 for the 10 rounder.

Like I have told everyone all along, I am not doing this to get rich. There is no way that I could. Everything that I am doing here is for the good of the Barrelnut Brotherhood... PERIOD!!

Anything that I make as far as money goes, goes right back into the sport that I love, and to help pay some bills here and there. I will not be quitting my Facilities Management job at the hospital, and I will not be making these magazines full time. I love the job that I have, and I also love to shoot. That is what this whole venture was all about to start with.

DK

Nothing wrong with making a few bucks to support your habbit, z71. Looks like you've got a good thing going. Good job!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmj5407</div><div class="ubbcode-body">z71rat, Check your PM, Thanks! Jay. </div></div>

Something must have went wrong... no PMs Brother.

DK

My rat mag works great, Here's some pics for you DK
BurrheadFelonyRegestration002.jpg

BurrheadFelonyRegestration004.jpg

Outstanding Tip!! Very nice setup you got there. Mag looks good too!! LOL!!

Thanks for the pics Bro... one for my portfolio!!

DK

Here is a new pic of mine, with the new SWFA 5-20XSS and the RatMag ST-10. Hope you enjoy!!

DK

IMAG0161.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong with making a few bucks to support your habbit, z71. Looks like you've got a good thing going. Good job!! </div></div>

I have thought about it quite a bit, and I have changed my pricing back to what it was with the aluminum versions. Since I have made some other changes to production methods, I have made them a little easier to make. So, I am backing the prices down to reflect this process.

Thanks for all of your support, and thanks for the business!!

DK

Looks great! I can't wait until my 10 round mag arrives here.I will have to wait on my SSHD 5-20X50 to finish things up. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a new pic of mine, with the new SWFA 5-20XSS and the RatMag ST-10. Hope you enjoy!!

DK

IMAG0161.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks J!! I am sure that you will be pleased with it!!

DK

Well, if anyone comes up with a higher capacity mag for a .300wm I'm in for two now. Three more later. I already messaged deadeye, this is more of a tag.

Did I miss it somewhere? What are the prices for the steel mags?

Do you have a website?

Nevermind...

OK, just to let everyone know, I have my parts in to build the magazines again. I am also in my new apartment, and paperwork is buried in boxes... somewhere.

As I get these orders completed, I will be following up with PM's to everyone. Thanks for your patience!!

DK

Just for some clarification for everyone concerning the RatMag ST-10's...

No, I do not build up 12 or 20 of these magazines at a time and have them ready to ship out. Between funds to purchase the parts from different vendors, and waiting out their shipping and back order times, it is not feasible for me to keep a stock of these magazines.

I build them on an as needed, wanted, and ordered basis. I build them per the customers requests. I build centerfeeds, older staggered feeds, and even OLDER side button released magazines. I am currently working on the design for the .204/.223 caliber rifles. Hopefully the design will be done shortly. So with the information given above, I just can't build and keep all of those different style magazines around.

Sorry for the confusion where the lead times are concerned. There are just some things beyond my control. For those that have cancelled their orders, I understand completely. For those that are waiting patiently, I wish to thank you for that patience and I will have your magazines completed shortly.

DK

Delfuego... PM & email reply are inbound... Thanks!!

DK

well i hope im not reading what i think im reading.

i hope everyone realizes what these two guys that are providing these mags to you all have done to get them to you. if im reading people canceling orders i get it, i hope it was to cancel one to buy the other.

just realize this. both deadeye and z71rat have busted ass and worked hard to even make these options available to you guys. you would all be sporting CDI (available at http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com ) and buying AI mags or popping 4 rounds at a time OR WAITING for SSS to get you a mag if they both hadnt devoted signifigant time and resource to doing what they each do. so let s be patient and wait. these are both top quality alternatives for savage owners and are both being done by INDIVIDUALS, not companies, not savage, not in factories dedicated to making mags, i believe both take a lot of time with hand assembly.

there are no options, but no one is using that against us, its just the way it is. when they get the parts they need, they can make the stuff we need. life happens, a guy has to move. he is still willing to make this stuff once he gets settled. we lived this long we can wait a little longer. lets all hold our peckers and sing a song huh? no? ok, i guess i should have asked first. awkward...

Thanks for the kind words Axeman.

I know Z71rat has put in a lot of work as has myself. I haven't seen Z's but am sure they are good mags.

I do mine in a batch process as there is a lot of CNC machine work to make them happen. I make the mag box and get them anodized, make my own aluminum follower, and modify XS AR springs. Then I assemble and load each one several times to test feeding.

It's a lot of hand work for sure but I am getting very nice feedback and have talked/emailed with a lot of nice Savage guys.

Right now I have a batch completed so <span style="color: #CC0000">I have them in stock:</span>

Darkeagle Custom Inc

I also make extended mag release levers for the run and gun crowd.

Thanks again,

Dan

I can only "hope" that the orders that were cancelled, did indeed go over to Dan. I have no problem with that at all. I hate to wait as well, so it is OK. I do understand the wait is tough... but it certainly isn't the "over 9 month wait" from someone else that I know of... that actually BANNED me from his site due to not wanting the competition. LOL!!

My time, like Dan's, is very tight. I did just move, and I am getting pretty well settled in. I still have some boxes to go through, but I have found the majority of the orders. I am building the orders based on the postal dates on the envelopes. Please be patient, as I am also studying to join our Meeker Volunteer Fire & Rescue Team to help give back to my community.

Funds for me really suck right now as my wife and kids have moved back to Texas and I am trying to support 2 households. I had to sell my prized 5-20XSSHD to cover all my deposits and utilities. I hated to do that, but it is what it is. Not that I am complaining, and not that I am being pissy about it. Life just keeps coming. So there you have it.

Please don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the orders... and I will continue to do my very best to keep everyone happy.

DK

Thanks DK! I am excited for sure. Great communication also. I don't mind the wait... Good to do business with Colorado folks too!

Got my rat mag and it works great! Thanks DK!

006llm.jpg

0032okj.jpg

0022hp.jpg

Nice!! Looks good Brother!! I am glad you are happy with it!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delfuego</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks DK! I am excited for sure. Great communication also. I don't mind the wait... Good to do business with Colorado folks too! </div></div>

My pleasure!!

DK

Just to keep everyone up to date on what's going on with the RatMags. If you send me the Savage Axis/Edge magazine for conversion, you will receive back the latest version of the RatMag.

If you are sending me the magazine body, follower and spring assembly, you will be receiving the previous version of the RatMag. The previous version of the RatMag is ONLY available in the 10 round version, and NOT available in the 15 round version. This is due to the extra weight shifting the magazine forward against some of the weaker magazine release springs. I want my stuff to work for everyone, so this is the policy that I have to stick with.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. i will be happy to go over any details with you. Thanks!!

DK

As long as DK is sharing I may as well post a note or two and pic as well:

Dan,
I received my mag today and tested it out.
I must say I really really like it.
I will be buying more in the future without a doubt.
Excellent job!

Another customer:

Hi Dan,
Got your magazine today. Fit perfect. No feeding issues. I will tell veryone about your mags for Savages. Have a great day. See pics.

Mag%20stiched.jpg

____

Darkeagle Custom Inc
www.darkeaglecustom.com

"Any inanimate object will just sit there until a person picks it up.
What they do with it depends on what kind of respect they've been taught for human life"

Hey guys, I am getting them done as fast as I can. I am battling the freakin flu from HELL right now. They will be coming to ya shortly.

Have a Happy New Year!!

DK

OK, I have been asked by several about what all is done with the magazines to build their own. Here is the run down...

Supply the G3 magazine body, spring, and floor plate
Cut and fit the bodies together
Taper the casing runners to allow proper transition
Trim, notch and bevel the Savage follower
Modify both spring assemblies and join them together
Weld the bodies together
Grinding the welds smooth
Cut and modify the binding floor plate
Assemble the remainder of the magazine
Function test
Final prep and paint.
COAL maximum dimension is 2.850" - due to the internal dimensions of the G3 body.

Again, note that the bodies are welded together. I can return a RatMag back to a functioning factory magazine, but the G3 body will be destroyed in the process. So all sales are final.

If there is anything else you wish to know, just ask. Thanks!!

DK

OK Guys, Cheaper Than Dirt now has the Axis/Edge magazines in stock for the .308 series of rifles. They show to have 23 on hand. Just an FYI.

They did have 25, but I got 2 on order just a bit ago...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK Guys, Cheaper Than Dirt now has the Axis/Edge magazines in stock for the .308 series of rifles. They show to have 23 on hand. Just an FYI.

They did have 25, but I got 2 on order just a bit ago...

DK </div></div>

Which specific model do we need to order? Sure are a lot of choices there. I'm planning on two 15 round mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the 204/223 mags available yet? </div></div>

I don't have any of the 223 magazines to do the R&D on them. I have a good idea on how to make it work, just nothing to work with. If you are interested in shipping me one to do the R&D on, I can make it worth your while!! PM me and we can go from there... Thanks!!

DK

Just got home from 3 weeks on the road, to try out my new Rat Mags... Needless to say they function great! And 7 rounds in a WSM mag at a very affordable price!