• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's talk about precision reloading

I wipe off the brass, lube and size it, then SS media clean it, trim, then anneal.

I used to anneal first, the only reason I don't now is I like that sporty annealed look. When other shooters notice my high tech sporty brass it makes em freak out and they start missing, ha.

Last edited:
We'll you say dirty I try to wash it after each shooting so it's not like nasty, just wipe it down then take a brush to the inside of the neck. I mean I know it's good to have clean primer pockets and with washing it with stainless steel that takes care of it in one step, so and I ghave the type a bushing die so decap and resize in one, unless I should be doing something else

That just seems like a lot of work when you can just throw them in a vibratory tumbler for like an hour. For my rifle rounds I decap them with a universal decapping die and then tumble them for 2 hours. Then I lube them, size them, trim them, and tumble off the lube. When I anneal, I do that before I lube them.

I wipe off the brass, lube and size it, then SS media clean it, trim, then anneal.

I used to anneal first, the only reason I don't now is I like that sporty annealed look. When other shooters notice my high tech sporty brass it makes em freak out and they start missing, ha.
Isn't the point of annealing so that the necks will be softer and more consistent seating? So would annealing after take away some of that benefit since the next firing will work harden them a bit.

Isn't the point of annealing so that the necks will be softer and more consistent seating? So would annealing after take away some of that benefit since the next firing will work harden them a bit.

There's a bit of truth to that normally but in my case "pun intended" there is only .002" neck expansion and even less on the body of the case, also I anneal every time since it only takes a few minutes with my Benchsourse. For the precision rifles the necks are turned as well so the seating tension is extremely uniform.

There's no calibrated way to suggest what the average results of your interesting "precision reloading" list will accomplish. If any of it matters at all will be due to YOUR rig and YOUR loading and shooting skills. And averages are meaningless when applied to individuals; on average, all humans have one boob and one nut but that's hardly useful data. ??

People who tell you "what I do/use" lets you know what they do/use and nothing more, it doesn't tell you if it even helps them, never mind if it would be helpful to you!

Last edited: