• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 3.5-25x56

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
Leupold 3.5-25x56 35mm, .10 mil, 10 mils per rev, 20 mils total, Horus reticle

Notice the location of the illumination (S&B like).

Leupold_Mark_6_e.jpg

About 8 months out, illumination may be relocated to be part of the parallax adjustment. Retail will be $3400. - $4000.

Re: Leupold 3.5-25x56

3400-4000 BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Who the hell are they kidding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3400-4000 BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Who the hell are they kidding. </div></div>

So now we have ANOTHER new Leupold scope coming out that they want to charge Hensoldt money for. What the fuck are they thinking?

Yep, that price tag just guaranteed S&B getting my business. That is laughable.

The mainstream gun rags will give it spectacular reviews because it is a L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gopherslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mainstream gun rags will give it spectacular reviews because it is a L. </div></div>

Not necessarily JUST because it is a Leupold...but because Leupold is a PAYING advertiser and journalistic ethics/objectivity seem to go straight out the window when paid a advertisers product's get reviewed by SOME of the gun rags.

On the other hand, it could very well be an EXCELLENT product in terms of its features, durability, etc. The problem I have with the whole thing is the price tag which is EXTREMELY hard to swallow based on some of my own experiences with broken Leupold Mk4 scopes in the last few years. $4k is a hell of a pill to swallow considering the other options that $4k gets you nowadays.

I hope that Leupold for their sake has taken notice of what is out there and their recent acquisition of a member of the vortex team and separation of the tactical vs regular Leupold line will bring about some good quality optics and innovation.
Kevin B from KAC has said good things about his CQBSS on m4 carbine.net.
Only time will tell if they have made a change for the better

So it is a 3.5-25, not an 8.5-25? I wonder if the eye relief varies as much as their current offerings do over the power range.

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">It looks like a cheap Chinese copy of a Schmidt!!</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it is a 3.5-25, not an 8.5-25? I wonder if the eye relief varies as much as their current offerings do over the power range. </div></div>

It seems like they've changed a lot but I don't see anybody dropping that kind of money on it. If I were spending that kind of money it'd be on a USO, Hensholdt or S&B. I'm with everybody else on this one, they must be fucking crazy

As a pure marketing stance, how can Leupold begin to differentiate this product from a similar product, even though a similar product is nearly half the cost?

My take on this is that if someone is spending that kind of cash on a tactical scope (there aren't that many) why would someone put their trust in a manufacturer that has customer service and product issues? I would have to believe that most people would do some type of research prior to shelling out that kind of tariff and go the route of a proven platform.

I played with that scope 18 months ago at the AAC shoot. The turret was cool, and it was good to see 'em join the 34mm club. Blehhh on the glass. They're fucking nuts with that price.

I'm not seeing where the price comes from. What could possibly be different enough to charge 3X the price of a normal LR/T? Laughable at best. I might spend that kind of money but it will surely be on a Hensoldt, or S&B.

Sorry, but if I won't spend my money on Leupold now why would I do it when they get that pricey?
Bring on more NF!!!
I think this one is just geared toward taking more of our tax dollars in government contracts.

I was going to say "about time" until I saw the price. Oh well... I will live comfortable with PST's and NXS's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, but if I won't spend my money on Leupold now why would I do it when they get that pricey?
Bring on more NF!!!
I think this one is just geared toward taking more of our tax dollars in government contracts. </div></div>

+1 on NF, NF hasn't let me down yet on price or quality.

Kind of like paying $75K for a stock Camaro. Then again, that might be a better deal...lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet it sells. </div></div>

Not me . . . they are smokin' dope if they price it at $3-4K.

Kevin

I did get my greedy hands on one of the 1.1-8 models at the factory the other day. It's pretty freaking nice, but not 4 grand nice..

Like their CQBSS they have completely lost the plot on pricing. I don't know who is making these decisions at Leupold but given some of the very obvious unaddressed credibility issues they seem to be having, they might (judging by some of the reactions posted) run into trouble on this. Bizzarist pricing move I think I've ever seen.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... well....

I'm not privy to Leupolds books, but from the way they behave, the US Military *HAS* to a major sugar daddy for them. They really don't seem to care about what their (civilian) customers want and price the products that are attractive so ridiculously high that sales have got to be tepid.

There are those that will buy this scope, but it won't be because the scope offers great performance/dollar. It will be because they can.

John

Where's all the BIG Love for US made goods ? , over that Euro trash stuff ,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blehhh on the glass. </div></div>

If that's true it is indeed laughable.

Looked at it and wasn't impressed. Don't like that you have to push the knob on the top of the elevation turret to turn it. For those who think the Vortex Razor elevation knob is big, you won't like this one. This thing is huge.

We were told they were atleast 12-15 months before hitting the civilian market but I don't see many selling at that price point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Where's all the BIG Love for US made goods ? , over that Euro trash stuff , </div></div>

Anyone who knows optics knows the good stuff comes from Deutschland or somewhere close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope, and pray, that someone from Leupold reads this thread aloud in some meeting involving most of their people. </div></div>

Why? They are gunning for a mil contract with this thing.

Leupold does not have the reputation to play in this price range, plain and simple

ChrisF, we like quality and then US made. USO gets us both. Premier gets us both. Leupold is like a 1980's gran prix racer going head to head on the circuit in 2011. Ain't going to even place in the race.

Lol leupold may as well Discontinue it at that price no one is going to buy it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol leupold may as well Discontinue it at that price no one is going to buy it. </div></div>

Don't worry, we'll still buy it. At least our tax dollars will when the military goes for it lol.

Whom ever is in charge of the "go" on the military side is:

1: a total newbie
1a: clueless about optics
2: getting a kick back
3: was caught in bed with a goat and Leupold has pics
4: related to the Leupolds somehow

This is NUTS & a crime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S&B or Leupold. That will be a hard decision. </div></div>

I was going to say, Premier or Leupold!