• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold CQT

codlinjr

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2005
SE FL
looking to buy one. does anyone have problems with these <span style="font-weight: bold">at any power</span>, on guns with a front sight post. I want to make sure the front sight post wont interfere with the sight picture...

Re: Leupold CQT

The dots too large and the reticle washes out in bright light. So if you place the black reticle on a dark target in a bright environment, there is no reticle.

There is a lot of info on it if you search.

Yeah, we had a handful of them tossed our way in the Sandbox in early 2005 - every single one of them was back in Supply within a month. It leaves much to be desired.

At 1X you can see the front post clearly, but the reticle appears above it (for a CQT with throw-lever mount on a 16" bbl carbine). I never felt it was intrusive, but rather like watching a wide screen format DVD for the first time. In the beginning all you can focus on is the black "frame" at the top and bottom of the screen. It's like you're watching it through a board fence. As you get into the movie you really don't even notice it anymore.

At 3X the front post is not visible.

I’ve had mine mounted on a Bushmaster A3 20 inch target rifle for a few years and have no complaints about it. Only had to change the battery once. As for the front sight post, yes it will be visible on the lower magnifications, but it fades out on higher settings. This sight picture is really no different than an Aimpoint or EOTech setup, or any other co-witness mounting.

I almost always use this rifle / optic for 100+ yard shooting, and have used it out to 200 a few times. No complaints again, from me or other shooters who have borrowed it. As the distance increases, the dot will obscure the target, so smaller targets are more of a challenge at increased distance.

I wouldn’t recommend the CQ/T for any timed “run & gun” activity due to the size of the eyepiece, which can make rapid target acquisition a little slow.

A much better way to go, if you like Leupold, is the 1.5-5x Mark 4 MR/T w/ SPR ret., much nicer unit. The next step up from that is the IOR 1.5-8x If you don't care about a zoom there are several good scope's for the AR, Trijicon, Elcan, IOR 3x, etc. (The IOR 3x is a great scope for the $, $750 and has glass that is some of the best I'v ever seen and a very nice retical.)