• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Customer Service!!

1000yard

Trailer Park Pimp
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
E of Atlanta,GA
I sent my scope(an older variX-3 LR 40mm) back to Leupold a couple weeks ago to have the front lock ring changed to a threaded one, to use sunshades, etc. And to have the reticle changed. I got home Friday night(5/7/10), to find it had arrived, I promptly opened the box to check it out, I tried my ARD, it fit fine, then I looked through the scope, and sure enough it had a new reticle, but it was a thick duplex.
I was disappointed, this is not what I wanted, I ordered a wide/thin duplex-xt.( I wanted a TMR, but didnt have the extra 100.00)I called Leupold immediately, and got the CS rep on the phone, and explained what happened. To Make a long story short,
They sent a UPS Next Day Air Call tag by e-mail, I' shipped the scope back today, they said the would fix the mistake tomorrow, and ship it back out either tomorrow or wednesday overnight back to me, and put a TMR reticle in it at no extra charge. You can't beat that kind of service anywhere.

Re: Leupold Customer Service!!

That's the type of service that I have had with them. Good work on getting the reticle free!

Never had an issue with Leupold service. Too bad EVERY Leupold I EVER owned has made at least one trip back "Home".

In fact I have a 6.5x20x40 varixIII 30mmm tube w/sunshade that came back fixed. Its still in the box. Their service is GOOD-they get ALOT of practice.
smile.gif

Leupold has great customer service based on my experience with them

they have great customer service. They fixed my scope that fell on the floor free of charge ! 3 weeks turnaround.

UPDATE
I got my scope back, it was here as promised, this time it has a TMR reticle.I just lightly lapped my rings and mounted the scope.
It's bore sighted and ready to shoot tomorrow before I got to Charlotte for the NRA Annual meetings . Then Saturday, it's to
Ashe County,NC to kill some ground hogs and crows.

Leupold is the best............for years they have been taking care of their customers. At times their customer service is almost stupid. But with them lifetime warranty means just that. I talked to a guy who posted a story of his Leu bino's they were 5 years old and he had been letting his young kids play with them and just beat them silly. They really beat these binos horrible, when they got bored they dropped them in a 5 gallon bucket of water. Dad didn't find them for over a year. He contacted Leupold and wondered how bad it was going to hurt to R/R his bino's. They told him he would have to pay for shipping only. He got new eye cups, new glass, cleaning inside and out etc etc. He reminded the rep these bino's got abused and he should pay because this was not normal use......the rep told him they wouldn't take his money if he had driven over them with a semi. WOW

Called about a reticle change, the guy super easy to deal with. Gave me all the info and how pay for it. Said turn around was about two weeks.

I just had a Mil Dot reticle put in my Mark 4 turnaround time was great scope came back in better condition then how it left me.

I've had a VXII for over 10 years that keeps taking the pounding of a 30-06. Glad to hear that this is the kind of servce that they offer should I ever need it.