• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Hamr 4x optics

Intrepid4576

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2011
Honesdale, PA, USA
Does anyone have experience with these? reviews good / bad?

Anyone know of any other product out there that has the same features - I particularly like the reflex sight mounted on the scope that's the biggest factor for me to get this honestly

suggestions for something different?

its going to be mounted on an AR platform rifle just so ya know the intent behind it

i know about the trigicon acogs but they eye relief on them sucks so im thinking the leo for now....i do like that the acogs do not need batteries however
thanks

Re: Leupold Hamr 4x optics

wish somebody would chime in on this. I was looking at one for my dmr. As far as optic on the top, there are a few options like that...acog, burris and you can always get an offset mount or a picatinny top mount on the ring. Wow...that is a big run-on sentence.

we have one and are testing it

some people like a top mounted MRD, some don't

There are pros and cons to the setup

I think the MRD sits a tad lower than when on an ACOG which might negate somewhat the aversion to coming off of cheek weld to make a shot with the MRD

The glass itself on the 4x optic is good, BDC reticle works as advertized and has good eye relief.

My take would be that this type of dual optic setup would be very use specific. I would say that if you primarily wanted a 4x optic and the ability to transition to a 1x MRD for the occasional use it might be a good fit.

I would not think that if you want the 1x as your primary optic with the option to go to 4x it is a good choice.

I think the prevailing thought is this type of setup is not ideal for most people. And running 2 optics puts you in open class in 3 gun competition.

Don't know which ACOG you're looking at but the TA11 series has great eye relief - 2.4" compared with 1.5" for the TA31. It is a 3.5X instead of the 4X on the TA31.