• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Knob Swap

max47

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
iowa
Can a guy swap knobs on a Leupold MK4 with target knobs to the M1 or M3 knobs for example? Or would there be aftermarket parts to do something like this? Anyone done it?

Re: Leupold Knob Swap

Call Leupold. Their custom shop can do the M1 conversion for you for just under $200 shipped. I don't think they can convert to M3. I called a while ago on converting M1 to M3 and was told no.

You'll have to call Leupold. They can change out some, but not all. I have read that M1 will be able to change out to M5. However, M3 will not be able to change to M5. This is just what I read. It makes sense to me, but I have not called to confirm.

What they told me the other day; <span style="font-weight: bold">SOME</span> MkIV's can be changed to MIL knobs, and IIRC the VXIII's or any other with the target knobs can have M1 knobs installed. I believe the price he told me was 160.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What they told me the other day; <span style="font-weight: bold">SOME</span> MkIV's can be changed to MIL knobs, and IIRC the VXIII's or any other with the target knobs can have M1 knobs installed. I believe the price he told me was 160. </div></div>

Just had an M1 to M5 conversion done, was $147.99.

OP the best way to find out for your scope is to contact Leupold.