• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold lrp 8.5-25 vs pst gen 2 5-25

chefhunter86

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2017
I’m looking for some good glass to put on top of my ar 10 chambered in 6.5. I’ve narrowed it down to these two scopes and just can’t make up my mind. I will be doing some long range shooting.... just for fun, and maybe some coyote hunting with this rig.... what would you guys get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you need illumination? If so, get the PST. If not, pick whichever one offers the reticle you like the most. I didn't care for my PST Gen II 2-10 or 3-15, and I think the Leupold has better glass, but that's just me. I hate that huge elevation turret on the Leupold.

Do you need illumination? If so, get the PST. If not, pick whichever one offers the reticle you like the most. I didn't care for my PST Gen II 2-10 or 3-15, and I think the Leupold has better glass, but that's just me. I hate that huge elevation turret on the Leupold.

Any idea how the leupold reticle is on the lowest setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What didn’t you like about the PST Gen 2’s? Just curious....

I own the Leupold, have a friend with the Vortex, if you can get the leupold for 1200 or less, then I would say that it is a good deal. The parallax on the Vortex is much crisper, where I was getting glare and other issues at 600 yd, the vortex was clearer than mine. YMMV

I just put a VX3i LRP on my new 6.5 Creedmoor; super nice glass, but I'm a dope and put 20 moa base under it so POI is about 2 feet high from POA at 100 yds with the elevation bottomed out. Email from MIdway says my 0 moa base has been shipped....

JoeBUtah....have you checked your zero stop... no way it should be bottomed out with just a 20 moa rail?

I have the LRP 4-14 on my Tikka bolt gun and like it well enough but once I get enough money it'll be replaced with a Nightforce SHV 4-14 F1 or 5-20. Nothing really bad about the leupold per se it's just that the nightforce feels sturdier/better designed.