• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Leupold LTO Feedback

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I’m considering getting this thermal to scan for coyotes and engage with NV. Leupold claims it can pick up game out to 600 yards day or night. At 7oz of weight, it would be something easy to have on a lanyard for scanning.

Does anyone have experience with this unit? I’m not expecting super fine detail, but enough to see through thick woods and find coyotes. I can always see detail with my NV.

forget you ever seen this piece of shit and go look for a real thermal.

Really? That’s disappointing. I was hoping for a simple scanner just to pick up stuff that’s in the woods. Any recommendations for something basic? Preferably hand held.

It will pick stuff out up to about 50 yards, you won't be able to ID what it is though, but you will see a heat signature. Like Killswitch said, look for something else.

Reactions: aslrookie
I had one for a while but ended up giving it to my son. It'll pick up deer at 200 but they look like a blob of heat. I went to a helmet mounted Breach and am happy with it. I'm using it for detection only; ID is verified using an XP38 Thermion. I would not buy another LTO.

Reactions: aslrookie
It will pick stuff out up to about 50 yards, you won't be able to ID what it is though, but you will see a heat signature. Like Killswitch said, look for something else.
Depends on your price range. The MH 25 is fantastic and incredible sensitive. The breach is a good option if you want to stay under 2k but still have a usable piece of kit. AGM apparently makes some good scanners as well for decent prices under 2k that are just as good, or better, than the breach image quality wise.