• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold M2 knob problem?

Josh-L

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2005
Red Dirt, OK USA
I got a mark 4 3.5-10 with M3 knobs. I sent it to Leupold and had the 1/2 moa M2 knobs put on. I went out to zero my rifle today and it bottomed out. Luckily I only needed another 1/2 moa or so to get it perfect for a 100 yard zero so I just made do. I have a 20 moa base also. Was I really at the bottom of my elevation or do the M2 knobs have some sort of adjustable zero stop? I didnt get an instruction book or anything and never used them before. I feel stupid asking this cause I don't think I could possible be at the bottom of my elevation.

Re: Leupold M2 knob problem?

Take the M2 turret off and you will probably see a ball underneath, set into the turret, that works as a 0 stop.
I ordered an M2 knob from them once to replace the ele turret on my Mk4 3-10x40 FDE. Wanted a black dial with white markings for a better visual.
It had a stop feature as indicated above.

Did your M3 bottom out or not? I think the M2 and M3 have built in cant, ie they have a lots of up and a little down. Depending on how much "up" you have right now and how far you intend on shooting odds are you could go with a level base.

If the knob only makes one turn and stops, it has the zero stop ball. You have to loosen up the knob, lift it and turn it past the stop, tighten it and adjust. Once you've got the scope zeroed, loosen up the knob again and set it to zero as well.

You can adjust the elevation up, but not down from this point once it is set.

Loosen the turret set screws, rotate the turret around about half way, retighten, zero scope, once zeroed loosen the screws again, rotate the turret to bottom out against the zero stop (at 0), retighten.

There are 2 dfferent zero stops for M2 turrets that I know of, the MR/T line only uses a single turn turret and has a plastic "finger" that funtions as the zstop, the LR/T line uses multiple turn turret and will bypass the stop on the second turn and up.

Also, remember that the 3.5-10 LR/T only has 60 MOA total elevation travel
blush.gif

Reactions: HEDP