• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6 5 20x50mm M5

thefiremeister

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Nevada
Anybody currently using the Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6 5 20x50mm M5 with the Horus H58??

Is this a buy or no buy

Re: Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6 5 20x50mm M5

I've got a FFP one with the TMR reticle and have been very happy with it so far. I'd buy it again.

thefiremeister, I sent you a PM, as I know some people near you have the spotting scope and may be willing to let you try it out.

I had wondered if this was the way to go also,but, I have that same scope with the TMR and really like it so I'm going to get another for my first bolt gun build.

I have been looking at the TMR for a while but would up reading how great the H58 reticle is ( Horus and Accuracy 1st propaganda)

It does look busy but holding over and off would be easier.

I'm using the SS 5-20 x 50 right now.

i have an 8.5-25 x 50 LR/T and i love it. tracks awesome, very good very clear glass. love it. i would recommend. i imagine with the ER/T being first focal plane its even better.

-Pauls

I have three Leupold ER/T 6.5-20 with M-5 turrets, but with Mil Dot or TMR. Love them. They have yet to let me down. I'd only ask for a bit more vertical adjustment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefiremeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking at the TMR for a while but would up reading how great the H58 reticle is ( Horus and Accuracy 1st propaganda)

It does look busy but holding over and off would be easier.

I'm using the SS 5-20 x 50 right now. </div></div>

The H-27 is still a option without A-1st and the extra dots, chevrons, height brackets, reference numbers, etc.

The Horus H58 is intermediate "busy" to me. Another one to consider to the Premier Gen 2XR.

I have a Gen2XR and my friend has a H58 if you want to take a look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Horus H58 is intermediate "busy" to me. Another one to consider to the Premier Gen 2XR.

I have a Gen2XR and my friend has a H58 if you want to take a look. </div></div>

I remember Dan saying the H58 was to busy for him and he didn't like it.

H58 isn't as busy as the rest of the Horus reticles. Erik thinks it works great. I think it is a little busy.

It is nice for ringing steel at multiple distance in rapid sequence. However, you can miss your trace or bullet impact on small targets.

Ironically, Erik still always dials his elevation but we mostly shot one target at 800-1000 yards.