• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 4 spotter w/ TMR question ???

Sapper524

Yeti
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
US
So a friend of mine has the Mark 4 with the TMR and the reticle "floats" in the middle, as in it doesn't have the heavy german #4 style lines that go to the edge of the field of view. I really like that spotter. All information I get from retailers states it has the heavy lines extending to the edge. I contacted leupold custom shop about getting the reticle changed in my Mark 4 ( I have the P4 ) and they also said it would have the heavy lines to the edge of the field of view. Did my friend get his hands on a small run and was just lucky?

Its a FFP reticle. At high mag the reticle 'fills' the FOV. At 12x the reticle 'floats'. Most people will think you just mean at 40x, in which case they are correct.

I tried that explanation, FFP @ max power when speaking with the custom shop. Think I'll call again Monday and see if I get someone different that gets the question.

Mine was changed late last year by the Custom Shop from a Mil Dot to the TMR. Mine floats and <b>does not</b> look like this:

Attachments

• leupold_tmr_popup.jpg
    leupold_tmr_popup.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 13