• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold mark 4 with m 1 turrets

30-378

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
PA
I am new to this sight so dont beat me up to bad. I am thinking of buying a leupold mark 4 with the m-1 turrets. I can pick it up for $850.00. Any thoughts on this scope and is it a good price? Or does anyone else have a suggestions. I am just getting into the the MIL aspect of it. So any info would be a great help. Thanks

Re: Leupold mark 4 with m 1 turrets

If it's a 54680# 6.5x20 thats a good buy
I have one, the m1 turrets a the best.

I would think you'd be very pleased, especially if you're getting into the MIL aspect. You'll find plenty of people bash on Leupold for various (sometimes moronic) reasons, but the Mk4's have good glass, quality construction, and for your stated purpose, good definite clicks with knobs that are constructed well (i.e. you won't reach up to dial in and change your elevation and suddenly have the turret assembly come off in your hand after 1 month of use). My personal opinion is that they are right on the price fringe where you get rapidly more expensive for only smaller returns in better performance in short-moderate distances (i.e. there's no question that the US Optics or S&B glass and construction is better, and are better for low light and LONG distance shooting...and the prices reflect that) But especially getting started, I would say a Mk4 is an excellent choice. You'll know when/if you need to move up. Good shooting!

Thanks A-train, I have been a leupold fan for years use them on my huntn rifles. I just was not sure of the tactical scopes. You here so many things about differnt scopes, what this on has and what this one doesnt it can be overwhelming at times . I have a nightforce nxs 12-42x56 with the ch-2 retical in it and i love it. But sad to say it has to go so its up for sale. And this one was for my BMG which never made it on it. So its on my 300 win 700p and its over kill needless to say. I need a mil scope for the type of shooting and classes I want to attend in the near future. So the plan it to sell the nightforce to fund other projects. Thanks for the advise....

One small Caveat here...........................

Leupold( I like personally), has an issue, which unless it's been corrected, need's to be addressed when shooting, and ESP when changing ranges( needs to be done every time).

<span style="font-weight: bold">You MUST turn the Side Focus Dial, to Infinity, and COME back to remove Parallax.
If you do not you will have parallax.</span>

Well I sold the NIGHTFORCE and bought the leupold and a new SPS tactical with the funds and had cash left over. So I guess i will rip the stock off and put the new bell and carlson light tac. varmiter and a shilen trigger which was free thanks to a great uncle who had it layin around. Sure beats payn for a ltr and then doin all the upgrades.
smile.gif

Good deal man. Take some pics of your rifle when it's done and dont forget about the range report.