• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4HD

Just saw the illum can be set to motion activated too. Been wondering why that hadn't made it to rifle scopes yet. Really nice for hunting.

Reactions: Glassaholic
PR3 reticle ??

1704983893962.png

1704983915351.png

Is it the same glass as the Mark 5?

Hard to say. Will have to ask.

Substantially cheaper than mk5. The 8-32 is showing $1599. Not sure if the savings are in glass, tube size, or just efficiencies in manufacturing.

Also has electronic level, though I haven't seen a pic or video yet.

Reactions: simonp
On paper the 2.5-10 specs look very nice. Weighs as much as my Viper HS-LR does in a cantilever mount, with an appropriate amount of added features.

Reactions: godofthunder
FFP is practically pointless in a 2.5-10 optic. Combine that with the shitty TMR reticle and no parallax, hard no for me.

The NXS has parallax, the Mil-R reticle is mildly better, has illumination standard, has a similar form factor, and even weighs a hair less.

FFP is practically pointless in a 2.5-10 optic. Combine that with the shitty TMR reticle and no parallax, hard no for me.

The NXS has parallax, the Mil-R reticle is mildly better, has illumination standard, has a similar form factor, and even weighs a hair less.
There are SFP options that have parallax adjustment as well.

I see no 2.5-10’s on Leupolds side with parallax adjustment. The only SFP listed one when you go into the specs lists a 150 yard fixed parallax. If you’re going of those stock photos it’s clearly a different optic.
Not going off of stock photos. I know those are not always, or even usually, correct. I went to the product features tab and it states it has parallax adjustment. I hope they do. Huge mistake if not, even on a 2.5-10. I, for one, am to old to not have it.

Not going off of stock photos. I know those are not always, or even usually, correct. I went to the product features tab and it states it has parallax adjustment. I hope they do. Huge mistake if not, even on a 2.5-10. I, for one, am to old to not have it.
Go to the specs and it doesn't think you were looking at the general features.

That’s just a standard description for the entire line, it says the same thing under the 1-4’s too.

Someone at Leupold is starting to listen... The higher mag range scopes are 34mm which is interesting. Here's to them putting a tree reticle in the MK5 2-10!

1704990802622.png

I'm interested in this scope as a whole, but especially this.

Any of you insider guys know how this works/looks?

View attachment 8320354

I'm interested in this scope as a whole, but especially this.

Any of you insider guys know how this works/looks?
It's already out in some of Leupold's scopes. It seems to work as advertised. The first time I encountered it, about a month ago, I thought the battery was about to die, because the illumination kept blinking. But, once the scope is level, it quits blinking. You can turn this off, if you want.

This VX-6HD 4-24x52 has this feature.

They are showing a SFP 2.5-10. This m,ay help with that thin reticle. I really like this direction. The best part is there is no duplex reticle in the entire line...lol
They are also now producing the Mk5 HD 2-10 in a SFP.
I have been playing with one from their optics lab since last summer. Very, very nice.

So when I look at the specs on leupolds site or doesn't have abby illuminated options but it lists that they have the electronic level. Doesnt the electronic level use the illumination to indicate?

So when I look at the specs on leupolds site or doesn't have abby illuminated options but it lists that they have the electronic level. Doesnt the electronic level use the illumination to indicate?

They definitely don't have their website 100% yet. They did correct the "2.5-10x24" though so apparently they're working on it.

Reactions: Dustyplyr
They are also now producing the Mk5 HD 2-10 in a SFP.
I have been playing with one from their optics lab since last summer. Very, very nice.

What else are they changing in the MK5 line? Any reticle updates in the 2-10? SFP is interesting

Any idea when these will be shipping?

FOV specs look great on the 1-4.5x

Glad to see they finally did away with the 1.5 on the low end.

It's also about time we started seeing some more teasers from the optics industry.

Hard to say. Will have to ask.

Substantially cheaper than mk5. The 8-32 is showing $1599. Not sure if the savings are in glass, tube size, or just efficiencies in manufacturing.

Also has electronic level, though I haven't seen a pic or video yet.

Leupold replied to comments on the IG post that it has the same glass as the mk5 line and cost savings are due to “streamlining the design of the mk5”.

What else are they changing in the MK5 line? Any reticle updates in the 2-10? SFP is interesting
They are moving the stupid windage hash mark back down to where is should be in the first place.

We were trying to get them to re-design the illumination controls too. Even though most of them acknowledge our bitching is legit, that did not change (yet).