• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold mark 5 HD or Vortex Razor HD for PRS?

Huxtable_hurt_me28

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2020
Leupold mark 5 HD or vortex razor HD for PRS? Have been looking at these two scopes for awhile now. Ready to pull the trigger. Which one should I get?

IMHO, having a 35mm tube kind of hurts it vice the 34mm on the Razor. More scope options in 34mm

The scope tracking test that Frank does in his class the Mark 5 didn’t fair as well, but I don’t have any issues/concerns with mine.

Eye box works, magnification ring never sticks, east to set zero stop, enough reticle patterns to choose from

I have both,I have shot the mk5 for two year about 2500 rounds on it. I have had no issues l like them both. I think the mk 5 is brighter. If I had to pick one it would be the mk5. I like the zero stop better on the mk5. But the tube size is different so the mount/rings only work with it.

Pick the one with the reticle you prefer, either will serve you well. the only downside to the Leupold that I see is the over priced illumination option.
while 35mm rings/mounts aren't as ubiquitous as 34mm there are plenty of solid options.

Pick the one with the reticle you prefer, either will serve you well. the only downside to the Leupold that I see is the over priced illumination option.
while 35mm rings/mounts aren't as ubiquitous as 34mm there are plenty of solid options.
Well I ended up going with the mark 5 HD, got the tremor 3 from liberty optics for 1,899.00 out the door. Planned on getting a spuhr mount regardless with either scope. So the 35mm main body will not be a issue.