• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56

maksim

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Was never a huge fan of Leupold. Not that they did not make good product, I just felt it was tough to justify the higher prices for some products. That was until I shot the 5HD at 2,000+ yards and then comparing it with some other products.

Decided to use it as the baseline scope for some of the guns I am in the process of reviewing.

Overall, great quality glass, love the 35mm tube for the elevation, not in love with the base TMR reticle. Tracks perfectly however and love the zero stop. Nice audible and tactile clicks.

I would say I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a Leupold fan by no means, but the Mark 5 is solid line for sure. We get alot of guys calling in and asking about them. Glass and turrets are solid.

Yep, I sold my Benders and ATACR’s in favor of the MK5. I really like the illuminated TMR because it has a center dot.

Reactions: Newbie2020
I have the Mark 5 in 3.6-18 for my hunting rifle. Great scope. If they had something a little less busy than that CCH reticle and a little more similar to the EBR 7, APLR, or SKMR, I'd be all over a 5-25 for my comp plinker..

I have read that the Mark 5HD isn't that much better in terms of glass quality when compared to PST II.

I have read that the Mark 5HD isn't that much better in terms of glass quality when compared to PST II.
What exactly are they looking for ? They make the MK 5HD in a 34 mm tube I’ve got to look through both of them. And based upon your statement they are saying the PST II has the same glass as the MK 6HD. Because the 5 & 6 have t the same glass according to Leupold. The 6HD has both turrets. My eyes the 5HD it looks clearer but that could be the POV

What exactly are they looking for ? They make the MK 5HD in a 34 mm tube I’ve got to look through both of them. And based upon your statement they are saying the PST II has the same glass as the MK 6HD. Because the 5 & 6 have t the same glass according to Leupold. The 6HD has both turrets. My eyes the 5HD it looks clearer but that could be the POV
What do you mean? The reviewer just stated that a Vortex PST II has equal glass to a M5HD

What do you mean? The reviewer just stated that a Vortex PST II has equal glass to a M5HD

Well my first statement is how does one test glass? Or compare it rather? Secondly, where would it put the VX3i LRP ? I’m assuming lower as it’s Lower in the line up of Leupold.

My third remark is stating that if the 5HD is the same as the PST II then what about the 6HD since they are the same glass. I was wondering if the OP compares same magnification ranges as he could ? Like 3-15x44 PST II vs 3-15x52 5HD or 5-25x50 PST II vs 5-25x52 5HD I realize the higher ones have a 34mm tube

Well my first statement is how does one test glass? Or compare it rather? Secondly, where would it put the VX3i LRP ? I’m assuming lower as it’s Lower in the line up of Leupold.

My third remark is stating that if the 5HD is the same as the PST II then what about the 6HD since they are the same glass. I was wondering if the OP compares same magnification ranges as he could ? Like 3-15x44 PST II vs 3-15x52 5HD or 5-25x50 PST II vs 5-25x52 5HD I realize the higher ones have a 34mm tube

Here is the actual review.
It appears he reviewed the Mark 5... idk if there is a difference between that and the HD

Here is the actual review.
It appears he reviewed the Mark 5... idk if there is a difference between that and the HD

Your eyes may vary.

I can tell you my 5-25 mk5hd is a hell of a lot nicer to look through than a 3-18 mk6.

I think the ultra short designs are handicapped by the short aspect and the amount of bending they're doing to the light as quick as they need to.

I would say you need to compare for yourself. I'll tell you every day of the week that I can't stand the vortex, but that's just my eyes don't like their coatings and I can't ever get them to focus without eye strain.

A VX5HD and Mark5HD dont have much of anything in common other than 5X magnification and fast diopter. There is no Mark5 nonHD.

While the VX5HD and PSTII may be similar in overall quality, they are different slightly in almost every way. The Mark5HD is better than the VX5HD and VX3i. Personally, I think its a bit better than the PST GenII, but not quite Razor.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
A VX5HD and Mark5HD dont have much of anything in common other than 5X magnification and fast diopter. There is no Mark5 nonHD.

While the VX5HD and PSTII may be similar in overall quality, they are different slightly in almost every way. The Mark5HD is better than the VX5HD and VX3i. Personally, I think its a bit better than the PST GenII, but not quite Razor.

This ^^^^

Not quite up to the Gen II Razor(s), but damned close. (And Yes, I have both Razor and Mk5 of similar power ranges).

I was super impressed with EVERYTHING about my Mk5.

The only bitch I have is that their reticle selection sucks (for PRS useage)

Reactions: chevy327
I run the Tremor3, and have been happy with it. My only grip is the weird position of the windage "0" mark. Actually, it's not the position so much, as it is being able to see it marry up to the dial. It really needs to be raised/extended away from the turret so that it can be more easily seen against the turret tick marks. (JMHO)