• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Military

hk dave

Optics Fiend
Minuteman
  • Jun 7, 2011
    So CA
    Did they change the pricing for active mil in 2014? I thought I read somewhere they did.

You will be surprised at the new price list..... Matter of fact, I had a WTF moment after looking at the new Mk8 pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on what they did to dealer pricing, if military pricing is along the same increase, they will have priced themselves out of a lot of business. They were very competitive quality, feature, and price wise in 2013 but I can't see justifying a couple hundred dollars over last years pricing.

Leupold Military

Based on what they did to dealer pricing, if military pricing is along the same increase, they will have priced themselves out of a lot of business. They were very competitive quality, feature, and price wise in 2013 but I can't see justifying a couple hundred dollars over last years pricing.

Agreed...but I'm pretty sure it's more than a couple hundred for the Mk8.
    Because of the increase, the Mk8 is no longer on my list. Vortex will be getting my money with their new HD Gen II.

Last edited:
    It's some interesting stuff. If you pm me your .mil address, I will send you the copy Tia sent me.

Confirmed... MK 8 jumed by 700.00 in S&B territory... MK-6 is about the same EDIT:as it was in 2013

Last edited:
    "We ask that you not share this email with anyone, including other military or law enforcement personnel."

Is what it says on my email. Just lookin' out....

"We ask that you not share this email with anyone, including other military or law enforcement personnel."

Is what it says on my email. Just lookin' out....

Like they are going to hunt you down....you can't make a purchase unless you send them a copy of your mil id anyway.

I heard a few years ago that nightforce also offers a discount..if they are still doing it it was 5-10% off. Leupold was great...thats how I purchased all my personal mk4's.

Night force is 5-10% off MSRP which equated to about what some dealers were selling it for, Vortex offers a nice discount too but it also equals just about what you can find it for if you shop around. Leupold is the only one offering a substantial discount that I havent been able to find a vendor to match yet. I bought a couple Mk6 this past year and had 1 or 2 Mk8 purchases planned for this year. But to slap a 25% increase on a product with no added features or improvements over the previous years offering is just B.S. and greed to me. All their other scopes had marginal increases so it's not a materials cost.

I appreciate what they do for us but that business practice just doesnt sit well with me and I'll vote with my wallet for something that actually is a valued product in that price range for my purchases this year.

I was waiting on the '14 price list to come out in hopes I'd find better reticle options on the MK8 3-25, but if it's up $700 over last years price, I think I need to keep shopping.

Last edited:
    Not what I wanted to hear...was hoping to get some more optics through this program and was really hoping they would be comparable to the 2013 prices. Guess I will request a new copy of the list to see for myself.

Only thing we can do is complain to Leupold.... I understand a $100 increase due to costs beyond control.....but, a near $1,000 jump is extreme. I'd sooner by a S&B for that price point. Would like an official reason for the hike.....

I hit up my contacts at Leupold, they all were pretty shocked at the increase when they saw it too. I'm speculating either Leupold felt they had a top tier product that needs priced with the top tier scopes or they anticipate a very large .GOV purchase and want to pad their profit margins.

I think they will be very disappointed in Mk8 sales numbers for 2014 vs 2013.

I hit up my contacts at Leupold, they all were pretty shocked at the increase when they saw it too. I'm speculating either Leupold felt they had a top tier product that needs priced with the top tier scopes or they anticipate a very large .GOV purchase and want to pad their profit margins.

I think they will be very disappointed in Mk8 sales numbers for 2014 vs 2013.

I think you hit it on the head. The person I spoke to at Leupold was shocked as well. Look at EuroOptics prices on the MK 8. They bumped it up a grand today. So obviously The dealers are getting hit on the 8s as well. They think they are in the S&B range and they are not. Gonna be a bad year. I just bought a S&B for a 1000.00 over the 8 before they even upped the price. Obviously wont do it after.

Last edited:
    That's really too bad as I've been enjoying the 3-18 Mk6 I picked up in 2013 and was looking at picking up an MK8. I'd just as soon buy another S&B than fork that over for the Leopold. Hope the Leopold spotters didn't take a big price hike too as I really was hoping to pick one of those up for 2014 as well. If they made a hike there as well I will go with a Vortex instead.

Night force is 5-10% off MSRP which equated to about what some dealers were selling it for, Vortex offers a nice discount too but it also equals just about what you can find it for if you shop around. Leupold is the only one offering a substantial discount that I havent been able to find a vendor to match yet. I bought a couple Mk6 this past year and had 1 or 2 Mk8 purchases planned for this year. But to slap a 25% increase on a product with no added features or improvements over the previous years offering is just B.S. and greed to me. All their other scopes had marginal increases so it's not a materials cost.

I appreciate what they do for us but that business practice just doesnt sit well with me and I'll vote with my wallet for something that actually is a valued product in that price range for my purchases this year.

Bushnell offers a pretty great LE/Mil discount..... around 25-40% for most stuff in their lineup.

I was not impressed with the 2013 Leupy mil pricing.... and $1000 extra for illum on a mk6/3-18 is just smoking dope.

Bushnell offers a pretty great LE/Mil discount..... around 25-40% for most stuff in their lineup.

I was not impressed with the 2013 Leupy mil pricing.... and $1000 extra for illum on a mk6/3-18 is just smoking dope.

I agree, I'd love a TMR MK 6 but i'll take the non illum. for the price...

Got the 2014 pricing today, just quick glance at some things compared to last year, not to bad. MK 6 line is a little mark up. The MK 8 line, I will pass. Don't understand why they would have a MK 8 with Mildot reticle, when the TMR is better as the least expensive.

I just got my second Mk6, this one is a 1-6x and the glass is just as perfect as my 3-18x but the illumination sucks on this thing. I'm calling Leupold today because this so called flicker issue? It just won't do...you have what appears to be about a 3 degree FOV before you lose the red dot.

yeah, that mk8 increase was crazy, was considering one, but now ill stick with the ER/T and mk6 lines as they are still an incredible value sans that whole 3-18 with illumination thing.

Anyone know how long it takes to get a scope from the mil program? Particularly curious about the Mk6 3-18.

When I ordered my Mk6 last year it was about 10 days total time. Most of that was UPS ground from Oregon to AL... I think it was 7 days when i looked at the shipping map. They ship fairly quickly if they are in stock

It was about 3 weeks for each when I put the order in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It was about 3 weeks after I submitted the order. I think they said it would take up to 4-6 weeks so I was pleasantly surprised when I received tracking information.