• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mk 5HD x 56mm : 35mm one-piece mount question

dragoon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2007
Carolina Lowcountry
I have a 56mm scope that I would like to install on an AR-10 , using a 35mm - 20-degree one-piece mount . I would like to use the Knight's Armament or Geissele 20-degree mount . Both are 1.5-inches . Does anyone know if they will work ? Both are not available at this time . I did contact Geissele . There are not many choices at this time . Thanks in advance !

Reactions: Birddog6424
That will be plenty. 1.5" height is pretty tall.

This is a 56mm objective optic on an AR10 with a 1.5" mount. There's plenty of gap (that's my open scope cap partially blocking a portion of it)

I will add this 1.5” might not be as big a gap and you see with @Birddog6424 rifle because he doesn’t have a rail on his hand guard. If your AR-10 does have a continuous rail then 1.5” will be the correct height and probably could not go lower. As to your 20 degree should be enough for sure.

I will add this 1.5” might not be as big a gap and you see with @Birddog6424 rifle because he doesn’t have a rail on his hand guard. If your AR-10 does have a continuous rail then 1.5” will be the correct height and probably could not go lower. As to your 20 degree should be enough for sure.
Yes , a rail will make it tight . Geissele had one in the works , but appears to have stopped working on it . I'd like to get a Knight's M110 rail , but those are also unobtainium right now . The SLR Ultra-Lite might work , as it is scalloped-out in the middle . I'm still researching other choices . Odin is the only one that I can lay my hands on right now .