• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk 8 3.5-25

Btw I looked through a friend's mark 8 with the mildot. It's not a straight mildot. It has a small open center. Fine crosshair lines out to 5 mils and then thick lines past that with a hash mark every 5 mils on the thick portion. Pretty cool.

just got mine today, mounted it and when I looked through it at 25x; it seems like the reticle is not centered and shifted to the left. Am I missing something here as in can I somehow adjust this or is this a defect?

z3yc.jpg

tgpb.jpg

to go with glockdan's post, this is the mildot reticle and it is pretty cool

Last edited:
just got mine today, mounted it and when I looked through it at 25x; it seems like the reticle is not centered and shifted to the left. Am I missing something here as in can I somehow adjust this or is this a defect?

z3yc.jpg

tgpb.jpg

Maybe your rail is bowed and the scope bent when you torqued it down. Did you check for squareness prior to mounting the scope?

This is common with rifle scopes I would not worry about it.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

918v:
used the feeler gauge method to mount it.

CST:
that's a pretty hard pill to swallow for a 3k optic, especially when my $250 10x bushnell doesn't have this issue or any for that matter...

CST:
that's a pretty hard pill to swallow for a 3k optic, especially when my $250 10x bushnell doesn't have this issue or any for that matter...

The scope reticle my not have shipped 100% centered in the tube, you can use the turrets to adjust this and re-zero the turrets. Also the true center can vary a little it will not have any effect on the scope. All scope will do this to some degree no matter the cost or make of scope they all do it. When you mount the scope it will be off even more. Also the more magnification the more you notice it.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

I just spoke with the Tactical rep at Leupold today and was told they are looking at another 3 months to ship. They said the hold-up is currently the glass. I ordered on June 15; looking at a six month wait before it's done. I hope this is worth the wait.

I just spoke with the Tactical rep at Leupold today and was told they are looking at another 3 months to ship. They said the hold-up is currently the glass. I ordered on June 15; looking at a six month wait before it's done. I hope this is worth the wait.

Is that for the mil dot reticle or TMR? I heard they were going to offer the TMR soon.

That was for the Horus reticle. The lady didn't say anything about TMR being on the horizon, just the Tremor reticle coming soon.

Any news on a TMR yet? Anyone else have some nice pics of there MK8 or write ups on them? I'd really like to get my hands on one.

Any news on a TMR yet? Anyone else have some nice pics of there MK8 or write ups on them? I'd really like to get my hands on one.

I posted this review in the other Mk8 thread. I don't have pics though as I'm very computer illeterate and not big into video stuff like you are. If you wanna pay shipping cost I can send you mine to do a review like you did with the 3-18. I would need it back within 3 weeks though to mount on my new gun.

Here was my review:

Here is my review of this scope. Keep in mind this is the first real high dollar scope I've owned other then Nightforce. I have used and shot with a few S&B's and most recently a Steiner 5-25x56. I don't have a lot of experience with Horus reticles or FFP scopes in general so this review is what it is which is MY review of it.

GLASS: I figure I'll talk about it first since I'm sure that's what everybody wants to know. Its AMAZING! Again, maybe its because this is the first scope of this caliber I've owned but I just wasn't expecting this kind of glass in a Leupold. Day time is very bright/clear and dusk gather's VERY good light. Clarity really surprised me too, I'm estatic about the the glass on this scope. It is just as good or better then the Steiner I had last week. I can't really compare it to an S&B because its been a while since I shot with one but I feel like its just as good as any S&B I've shot with. If it's not just as good, you would have to place an S&B side by side with it to tell.

TURRETS: I like the turrets. They offer a tactical click each .1 mil and a good clunk every 5 mils. I don't feel they are mushy and they stop exactly where I want them to. Again, I don't have much experience with many high end scopes so I don't know if these are MTC style turrets but I don't have a problem stopping on what ever .1 Mil I want to. I like the locking turret and I don't. I may need to get use to it but so I far there have been a few times just reaching and spinning it fast that it wouldn't spin because I didn't unlock it fast enough. I'm sure that will get better the more I get use to it. The Zero Stop and Zero ring are definitely a plus. This is by far the easiest scope I've used as far as that aspect goes. The Zero ring is very secure but it does feel a little cheap once you've undone the detents and lifted it. Once its locked back down in place though it feels solid so I don't feel like that would be an issue.

EYE RELIEF: Eye relief is nice and I feel its better then my older Nightforces (Original NXS and NXS HS/ZS). Again, to be fair I can't really compare to a bunch of other scopes but the eye relief is definitely forgiving IMHO and it doesn't lack for anything.

PARRALAX: VERY good. I've heard in the past that many people have been able to accurately range with the Parralax on their S&B's. I figured I would do the same. It was impressive, I was within 20 yards most ranges. Keep in mind I was only able to range out to about 400 yards. What was really cool to me was the parallax from 30-70 yards, and then to 100 , then to 130 and so on. It was really impressive how close they are to the listed number son the parallax knob.

RETICLE: I chose the H58. This is the first Horus reticle I have had and I was worried that it may be too "busy". It's not too "busy" and I'm pleased with the reticle itself, I feel like I made a great choice. I'm not use to shooting FFP scopes so the reticle thickness is a little thick for me but I'm sure I will get use to it. I feel like the only time the thickness may hinder me would be shooting groups AND THATS IT. I'm pretty sure I will use Horus reticles from now on, that's how much I enjoy it. The only other reticle I would really like to use is the MSR or H2CMR on a S&B.

ILLUMINATION: Really good, not a whole lot to compare there. Its bright in full sun on settings 6 and 7 and I enjoy how the Horus is lit.

MAGNIFICATION RING: A little stiff but hopefully it will loosen up with some use, I mean I have only had it out of the box less then 6 hours. I would like some kind of aftermarket throw ring for it if anybody knows which one will fit it.

OVER ALL: I'm EXTREMELY pleased. I'm LE so I was able to take advantage of the MIL/LE discount. If your eligible for it, I feel you cannot beat the scope in terms of what it offers and price. If you are not eligible for it, I feel it may be priced a little high and I mean little. I could see the Mil-Dot version going for $2799-$2899 compared to it's $3299 aftermarket price and the H58 going for around $3399-$3499 compared to its $3999 aftermarket price. The weight and robustness is on point and it balances extremely well. IMHO the scope actually feels lighter then it really is and I assume that's because it balances so well. I want to ad to that this scope just looks BAD ASS, it definitely means business and Leupold has done a fantastic job of making a top of the line scope. I will run a comp with it come November so I will report and let y'all know how it was.

Recieved my Mk8 this week in the Horus H-58. Love it. But man, it's beefy. Got it mounted and on the range this morning. Very happy with the results.

Here's a a few pics of it mounted on my TRG-22. DSC02636.jpgDSC02637.jpgDSC02638.jpgDSC02643.jpgDSC02646.jpg

Also at Sako TRG-22 - a set on Flickr