• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mk4 ER/T vs M1?

gulada97

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2020
Nevada
I am looking at the Leupold MK4 scopes - EuroOptic has the ER/T version (ffp) for $1600 while Midway has the M1 version for $600 less.
Are the FFP and M5 turrets on the ER/T really worth the price bump? Is that the only difference?

You are the only person who can really answer that question for yourself. Those are the main differences, whether or not FFP is critical is based on the nature of your shooting.

my .02: if its 10x on the high end (or less), FFP isnt critical as you’re likely going to be on 10x all the time thus rendering the FFP vs SPF decision moot for hold over and mil-ranging. That said, matching turrets are much more important IMO (i use a 2.5-10x42 on my mk12 and love it (sfp, matching turrets, zero stop) but are the FFP Leupolds worth the extra coin? Only you can decide…

Again, that’s just me, your take may be completely different.

Reactions: gulada97