• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MK4 LR 6.5-20 x 50 MOA/MOA

Hoverp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2009
anybody shoot this scope on big cal guns? 338LM and up, any reviews? do you think 70 moa with a 20 moa base is plenty of vert adjust? for 338 LM out to 2000?

Does it it have a Nightforce zero stop equivalent?

thanks

Re: Leupold MK4 LR 6.5-20 x 50 MOA/MOA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoverp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody shoot this scope on big cal guns? 338LM and up, any reviews? do you think 70 moa with a 20 moa base is plenty of vert adjust? for 338 LM out to 2000?

Does it it have a Nightforce zero stop equivalent?

thanks </div></div>

TTT

You'll need 82-85 MOA to get your LM out to 2K. The Leupy won't work for ya. Look at the SS fixed 16 or 20 if you'll be shooting at that distance regularly. Paired with a 40 or 50 MOA base you'll be set for 2K and beyond.

I've never heard of a Leupy MOA/MOA BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll need 82-85 MOA to get your LM out to 2K. The Leupy won't work for ya. Look at the SS fixed 16 or 20 if you'll be shooting at that distance regularly. Paired with a 40 or 50 MOA base you'll be set for 2K and beyond.

I've never heard of a Leupy MOA/MOA BTW. </div></div>

Your right the Leupold LRT Mk 4 only comes with the Mil format reticule, but it does have Moa turrets, shouldnt matter if your not trying to range with the reticule.

How about a zero stop function? Teh website just doesnt give enough detail.

Im asking for my friend, he doesnt have the cash to go for a NF, and can get a decent deal on the LR MK 4 Leupy.

No zero stop on a mk4. Zero the rifle and the turrets. Dial the elevation turret down until it bottoms out count up to your zero and write that number down on a piece of tape inside of the rear butler creek.

A mil reticle works just fine for ranging as well and I prefer their TMR over the standard mil dot.

I spoke with a Leupold tech last week. They are going to produce "finely tuned washers" that will work as a zero stop for M1 & M5 turrets. They should be available in 3-4 months. He said you could simply make some using regular washers. You stack them in the turret housing and they prevent the turret from going down any further once installed. He said to give him a call before I headed home in a couple months to see if they were availble by then or not. I may just make my own and call it good.

There are Mark 4s with zero stops, it's the ones with the M2 and M3 turrets. The M2 has a ball bearing in the turret cap that functions as a zero stop, and the M3 only has one revolution.