• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk8 M TMR reticle

Scooter64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
USA
I have been searching the web for information for instructions on the M TMR reticle. I am more interested in the 700 meter ranging bracket for quick ranging. I am surmising the 19 inch measurement for ranging is the average width shoulder length and i am just trying to figure out the 38 inch part of that bracket. Is that top of the head to waistline? Is that the right for ranging a target for that distance?

if anybody have a link for the complete instructions, please post a link to it

5267466154_7aea3b09fe.jpg

Re: Leupold Mk8 M TMR reticle

That reticle was designed to be mounted on the .50 cal machine gun or MK19 belt-fed grenade launcher, not a precision rifle. The rangefinder is probably designed to range vehicles rather than humans- wheel diameter, height from the ground to the top of the hood, etc. Unless you're shooting at pick-up trucks, the USMC user manual (even if such an animal exists) probably isn't going to be super helpful.