• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold or Nightforce Mil reticle

TNGrunt

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2020
Hello! I’m new to the site. I recently purchased a Tikka T3x A1 and I’m currently debating on which scope to get. I want to go the Mil reticle route in a FFP. I’ve researched that much. Which reticle would be easier to learn on or “user friendly” starting out between the two. Thanks for your input!

What do your eyes like the most? With the exception of the Tremor3 it’s all Mils. TMR, MilR, and MilC are nice, simple, and uncluttered. I like them all. MilC gives you .2 mil hashes in between. More precise / additional reference points for holds.

Reactions: TNGrunt
I really like the mil xt reticle.
CCH reticle isn’t bad but I don’t like extra stuff I don’t use getting in the way in my reticles.

I love the CCH reticle. A lot of guys on here hate on it but I'm not sure why. It's very simple just extended mil marks.

I really like the mil xt reticle.
CCH reticle isn’t bad but I don’t like extra stuff I don’t use getting in the way in my reticles.
I agree, my way of thinking was that less clutter would probably be an easier concept. The “Christmas tree” reticles seem Intimidating but I’m sure once I get some experience that will get better.

The “Christmas tree” reticles seem Intimidating but I’m sure once I get some experience that will get better.
They're not.

The branches are just smaller portions of the main horizontal stadia complete with mil subtentions.

I like both...lol...my favorite optic setup is my Leupold ECOS-O H59 w/ T1 and my CQT with the CMR2 reticle...

Can't go wrong with an ATACR either...

My favorite reticle is the H-59. A lot of versatility...however I also dig the Mil-C...I hate Tremor reticles...the large wind dots jack with my eye focus all the freakin' time...

Had a CCH on a VX3i 4.5-14X setup ... but felt at 14X it wasn't very useable...needs to have 18X-20X on the top end or the CCH to really work for me...

But again...H-59 takes the cake for my reticle of choice...lots of utility within it.

Reactions: OLD308 and TNGrunt
You won’t regret a NF ATACR F1 with a Mil-XT or Mil-C. 🍻

I recently learned "long range" shooting on a Nightforce ATACR with Mil-C and just bought an NX8 with Mil-XT. I might have gone with the Mil-C but it wasn't available.

Leupold is great for clone builds. You can buy all the 20 year old parts for a gun, assemble it, go buy a new Leupold and have a period accurate piece.