• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Rings

308 Viking

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2020
Would like feedback on Leupold rings from those who have used them. I purchased a Leupold scope and plan on running their rings. I will be in a LRP class in Sept., 750 round class, and I don't want to worry about rings.

Leupold Mark 4 rings are very solid. They will hold up to pretty much anything.

I haven’t had any problems with their other rings either, but those are on hunting rifles that may get 20 rounds a year.

The Mark 4 aluminum rings I have been using for a-lot of years work very well.

Don't skimp on the rings, be better than PRW rings. If you're on a budget then check the Vortex Pro Series rings, right around the same cost as PRW rings.

Don't skimp on the rings, be better than PRW rings. If you're on a budget then check the Vortex Pro Series rings, right around the same cost as PRW rings.
I won't go so far as to say money is no object, but this is definetly not a budget build. Leupold was the starting point. I currently have a 20 MOA pic base on it now, but I am wide open to mount and ring suggestions.

I won't go so far as to say money is no object, but this is definetly not a budget build. Leupold was the starting point. I currently have a 20 MOA pic base on it now, but I am wide open to mount and ring suggestions.

Well shit, the options can stretch from $60 Vortex Pro Series rings to $400 Sphur mounts, just say when. There are a slew of threads here covering different mounting options but bracketing your budget helps narrow down options.

Well shit, the options can stretch from $60 Vortex Pro Series rings to $400 Sphur mounts, just say when. There are a slew of threads here covering different mounting options but bracketing your budget helps narrow down options.
That's what I am trying to do. Not sure if base and rings are best, 1 piece mount, or direct fit rings. I have scoped MANY hunting rifles and AR rifles. This one is a different animal, I don't mind the buy once cry once approach.

I like Nightforce rings. Solid and dependable not costing a fortune. Next set I buy will be ARC, just want to give them a try. They are roughly the same cost. Just about anything in the $200 range you can't go wrong with if it is a reputable name.

If I was going to be taking the scope off a lot I would probably go with a one piece mount. MDT, MPA, ARC, NF, etc... Or go nuts with Sphur mount.

I'm currently running steel MK-V rings on several rifles with no problem. I also have 1 set of Badger rings and bases. I also run several sets of the regular Redfield and Leopold rings on hunting rifles with no trouble. I don't jump out of airplanes and stuff but my hunting rifles have been on commercial airlines, horses, boats and four wheelers, so they have had some rough treatment without issues. The only thing about the MK-V rings is that they are heavy.

Just get the Mark 4 rings (aluminum or steel) and call it good. I have owned at least a dozen pairs over the years and never a single issue. They are US made, great quality, and flat out work. I have never seen a reason to go with any other rings.

I've shot PRW rings for years with no issues. I'm now shooting one piece mounts and have tried Nightforce and Badger. Both work fine.