• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold target dot reticle

gpz750

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
whitesboro TX
Anybody use one ,or looked at one? I can't even see the crosshairs or the dot when looking downrange at a target. Just wondering if this is normal.

Re: leupold target dot reticle

I believe you need to adjust the eyepiece to match your vision. Look thru the scope at a light background or the blue sky and see if the reticle is clear. If not, adjust the eyepiece until the reticle is nice and sharp. You should then be set unless you have a high magnification with a parallax adjustment. Parallax adjustment just makes the target more sharp and keeps the reticle from moving as you shift your head sideways and is not used to make the reticle clearer. I love the target dot except at the end of the day when it is getting too dark to shoot anyway. Hope this helps. Tom

Great info bulseyetom!! I just took it outside and cranked it out alot. Now the reticle is nice and clear to me.
Thanks alot for the help

do this on high power

That explains why some people thought I was crazy. It must have looked good for them, but not me. Got it adjusted and did some shooting yesterday, works great now.
Thanks SH