• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold TMR

Re: Leupold TMR

1/2 mil, things get squirelly when you try spotting or correcting in .05 mils. Most reticles and adjustments are in .1 mils for mil/mil scopes, mil reticles with moa adjustments, that is a different story to be commented on by someone more adept than I in the area of mil/moa.

Mixed thoughts on TMR vs Mildot. I shoot a NF NXS in MLR/MIL reticle and adjustments. On the one hand, for punching paper the finer reticle with half mil hashes is nice, on the other, the simplicity of the MILDOT is nice for things like reactive steel. All depends on what your purpose is I suppose.

I think that the TMR offers several advantages over a standard mildot reticle. For me it seems much easier to range with the .5 mil hashes and then the .2 mil subtensions at the edges of the reticle. Of course for everyone like me there will be someone who prefers a standard mildot.......and that is ok too.

V/R

Numunuu

+1 for the TMR. Much more precise to get accurate ranges and give a definite point to use as holdovers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Numunuu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that the TMR offers several advantages over a standard mildot reticle. For me it seems much easier to range with the .5 mil hashes and then the .2 mil subtensions at the edges of the reticle. Of course for everyone like me there will be someone who prefers a standard mildot.......and that is ok too.

V/R

Numunuu </div></div>

I know the dots themselves are .2 mil but what do you mean by the subtensions at the end of the reticle?

+1 for the TMR. Guys were vastly more accurate ranging with the tmr than those running mil dots. I bought a personal mk4 with a TMR reticle calibrated for 25x. The wind holds and range estimation is so damn good it's about like cheating. Note the .2 mil increments at the edges, you can easily imagine half of that and now your estimating range to .1 mil without much issue. The stadia lines are so thin that obscuring the target with the .5 and 1.0 mil hash marks is never an issue.

PKaMu.jpg

Reactions: Classyredneck00

Little space where the crosshairs meet can sometimes drive me crazy...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C MAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Little space where the crosshairs meet can sometimes drive me crazy........... </div></div>

I love the open center of the tmr. At 1000yds those little 2" sighter clay birdies are easily seen in the open center..otherwise they get cover up.

When i first started shooting i was taught with a standard mildot Mark 4. I used that system for years before finally upgrading my glass to a mark 4 ER/T, with TMR. i wont ever go back. i am very happy with my TMR, its better and easier for holdovers, the graduations are great for milling out targets, its a good solid upgrade to the mildot. it just makes things easier.

The opening in the center of the reticle is very very small. It is enough to improve view of the target but not enough to make it difficult to center the crosshairs. in fact, it kind of makes it easier. i really like it, and i would recommend it.

-Paulus

I'm glad you posted this! One concern I had was there there was too much of a "gap" in the middle and that the reticle didn't cross. Seeing it now, I like it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpinDrift338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for the TMR. Guys were vastly more accurate ranging with the tmr than those running mil dots. I bought a personal mk4 with a TMR reticle calibrated for 25x. The wind holds and range estimation is so damn good it's about like cheating. Note the .2 mil increments at the edges, you can easily imagine half of that and now your estimating range to .1 mil without much issue. The stadia lines are so thin that obscuring the target with the .5 and 1.0 mil hash marks is never an issue.

PKaMu.jpg
</div></div>

I just got the MR/T with mil dot. Good price, so not complaining at all, but I personally would have preferred the TMR.

Leupold told me they can change the reticles for about $150 (but not the knobs, you are stuck with those) in case you are interested. I'll probably just stick with this mil dot.

I think the mil dot is easier and faster, the smaller has marks are just slower to work with. But they work better for fine precision... Kind of a tossup I guess and depends on what you want to do with it.

Biggest difference between them is that the TMR has more units of measure than does their mil dot, right?

Yeah, theres half, full, 5mil and .2mil measurements on the reticle, but its arranged very similar to the mildot reticle so if you learned on or are used to a std mildot, you're gonna have an easy time adjusting. atleast, that was my experience. YMMV.

-Paulus

No sweat, I don't ever shoot center when at long range. My usual wind hold at the range pictured (1195 yards with an LRF) is 1.5 Mils into the wind and a 0.5 moa spin/cor dialed correction for my 300wm shooting 190gr FGMM. Thats the long way of saying I use the hash marks as my POA, not the center for anything past 400yards. Up close the opening is really a hoot with dot drills
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad you posted this! One concern I had was there there was too much of a "gap" in the middle and that the reticle didn't cross. Seeing it now, I like it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpinDrift338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for the TMR. Guys were vastly more accurate ranging with the tmr than those running mil dots. I bought a personal mk4 with a TMR reticle calibrated for 25x. The wind holds and range estimation is so damn good it's about like cheating. Note the .2 mil increments at the edges, you can easily imagine half of that and now your estimating range to .1 mil without much issue. The stadia lines are so thin that obscuring the target with the .5 and 1.0 mil hash marks is never an issue.

PKaMu.jpg
</div></div></div></div>

The TMR has really grown on me. I like it a lot. It is great for ranging as well, b/c the of the different mil increments for getting a fine tune measurement

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.2 increments need to be closer to center. If using it for a timed multi target ranging event it's awful slow. But if it works for you then great. Just my opinion.</div></div>

I see your point, but when we qualified with a TMR it was helpful as it was designed. The center being cleaner it easier to quickly track wind calls between zero and 1.5 mil holds. When ranging and then shooting in quick succession having to shift your natural POA would be a pain. Can't have your cake and eat it too
shocked.gif