• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX5 and the Vortex Razor HD LH...which would you choose to hunt with?

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I know sometimes these questions seem so redundant about comparing scopes....BUT I am in the market to scope up a new build to varmint hunt with. I had a VX6 3-18 some time ago that I really liked and now wish I had not parted ways with it. I also had a Swarovski Z5 that was super also that again wish I had not sold. I really liked both scopes mentioned but I have my mind made up between these 2 scopes. They both are equal in the price and magnification range that I want. Stores around where I live just do not carry anything like this to be able and get a hands on comparison. I am all ears and would like to here some input from anybody out their that can tell me some about these 2 scopes. I have heard a lot of good things about the Vortex but nothing much on the newer Leupold VX5 scopes.

I hunt with Leupold VX3i's, and I feel these are absolutely amazing hunting scopes. I don't think Leupold can be beat in the hunting world. I haven't had any dealings with the VX5's yet.

The VX-5's are incredible scopes. IMO the vortex doesn't even compare when it comes to glass/quality/features. The locking turrets are VERY nice.

I've never used the VX-5, but have 3 or 4 VX-3 and the glass on the vortex razor hd lh is better than any Leopold scope I have. When compared to my Premium LT, I have a hard time telling the difference.

I haven't had a vx-5 but I do have a vx-6 and two razor lh's and to my eye there is very little difference. The razor is a bit sharper but the vx-6 barely edges it at last light.

I have the VX-6 2-12x42 and the Razor LH 2-10x40. Glass is equivalent to my eyes. However, again to my eyes the eyebox on the VX-6 is much more forgiving than the LH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk