• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold zero stops

Fireman Ron

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2005
Iola, Kansas
Was there a gentalman here that sells washer kits to make a zero stop set up for scopes like the mk 4 long range?
Thanks.

Re: leupold zero stops

I made my own. Very simple.

Make a zero stop for your Leupold Mark 4 LRT M1 turrets- I'm sorry I don't have more info as I did this last year and didn't record enough data but this should give you a good idea.

When I had my MK4 and after I zeroed it. I found out the measurements by using calipers by making a dot at the housing and then turned the elevation knob down till it bottomed out then made another dot. I took off the cap measured it with my calipers. Bought a couple plastic washers and sanded it down to a little bit less so I could turn it down 2moa past zero. I had to measure the elevation stud and the inside dimensions of the housing so it would slide in and out easily. It didn't look pretty but worked great.

2fce4f61.jpg

3e89932b.jpg

I have been using retainer rings as my stops. I just cut the ends off the rings and they fit perfect under the turrent. You have to measure the rings to get the right size that fits. I have just the right amount of space that they either stop at zero, or one click just past zero. I still have a few moa on turrent to play with if my zero shifts without having to adjust the amount of spacing I need for stops

Issues that I have noticed with this procedure. If you have one of the scopes with mushy turrents and are tight while turning, once it gets to the stop mark, they really tighten up a lot. I have one scope that is like that. While the other ones I have are solid clicks and turrents are easy to turn, no issues with the stop in place.

Spacing is also critical from bottom of turrent to the turrent housing base. If you use whatever material for a stop and it adds to much thickness, the turrent will ride to high on the elevation post. Once you try to use the set screw on the turrent it will fail to set once you crank on the turrents.

If you switch the optic to another rifle, then you have to measure and go through the process again. You might get away with a same type of set up, 20 moa base to base, but from a 20 moa base to a flat top AR, you will do over.

Overall it is worth it, no more getting lost in the turrent spin.

i built my own zero stop out of copper washer's this weekend. and adjusted the thickness till i went 1 moa past zero. wish i had done them sooner

I used a garden hose washer, trimmed with an X-acto knife and sanded to the correct thickness. Took about 10 minutes of trial and error.

Great idea on the nylon washers as they have some give and aren't as hard on the very fine turret threads. Made mine out of delrin.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul.

Sir,

If you haven't had a chance to make your own, send me a PM.... I may be able to help....

Respectfully,
Julian

Somebody needs to make a youtube video....... That would be more usable info than alot of these repetitive scope reviews!